Noki

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Alkiakirkh District

Sign in to follow this  
ROFLyoshi

Towerdude: Thanks! What is your hometown?

Heitomat:Thanks. You're actually one of my sources for inspiration, so I guess one could say that you're to blame for this CJ. :yes:

There was a brilliant mod released not too long ago that puts streetside trees along the MAVE-4, so I wanted to exploit that.

Mikeaut1: The NAM can get some beautiful results. There are some places where the Maxis Avenue just works, and some where the MAVE is the way to go. And yes, I've taken your note, this (and the following entries) are JPG.

Coppertown2: Nice to hear that you'd live here! What? Angel of Independence??? Have the Mexicans stolen a symbolic piece of Noki culture??? :P But yes, the area is a popular place to celebrate when the local team wins.

Well now to buisness...

Immediately north of the central city is a district known as Alkiakirkh. It's well known for two things, the cathedral that stands in the centre, as well as the Vuivélinde (Five Ways Circle) minor hub.

nokimar239913036179756.jpg

Alkiakirkh is one of Noki's main attractions, drawing over 250,000 visitors a year.

nokimar239913036179755.jpg

Vuivélinde. Running south is Vogeleve, east-west is Kaminave, north is Mankve and north west is Albetaroallē, named for an influential president.

nokimar239913036179751.jpg

Kaminave and Albetaroallē. To the side is the railway line, which leads to Vuivélindehov (Vuivélinde Station).

nokimar239913036179758.jpg

Trees act as a sound barrier from the Inner-City Expressway.

nokimar239913036179757.jpg

Traffic is pretty heavy on the Voguleve overpass, while the expressway traffic is almost non-existant.

nokimar239913036179754.jpg

The Inner-City Expressway crosses the canal in Alkiakirkh.

nokimar239913036179753.jpg

An overview shot showing the Alkiakirkh district and parts of the Vogule Quarter above it.

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

I'm Dutch and to me it has (except fot the canalhouses) something 'copenhagen' (We don't have such beautiful cathedrals and we could only dream about such a empty highway! :golly: )

Share this comment

This is a brilliant European city. I love the highway, and also great use of the RHW barriers. Nice!

I would recommend you to use a [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/12973-european-car-replacement-mod/"]European car replacement mod[/url], though. Those old style American cars just don't look right in European settings (ut I love the parked Viper in your third picture). ;)

Share this comment

I'm not a big fan of Dutch style, but I have to admit that all these W2W Dutch houses look so nice. Cool job with highways too, although that with that little transit you won't need to place sound walls!

Share this comment

[b]@TekindusT:[/b] Thanks! I'm glad you like them. And the highway isn't busy because in-game, it's not finished.
Although you can't see it, Noki is only a fraction completed... I do updates when I finish a minor area.

Share this comment

Nicely done, i would love to see more of your business district, we just get a glimpse in the last pic,hope 2 see more

Share this comment

I guess in real life you'd call that highway a planning blunder anyways. Cuts through an urban neighborhood where most people would find walking or taking transit easier than driving and finding a parking space, and the road only serves as a loud, ugly barrier that consumes expensive real estate.

And its empty. Just like it would be in real life, haha. Like the isolated Franklin Mulberry expressway in Baltimore, not connected to any other freeway and runs through a ghetto. It has been indefinitely closed for a minor construction project, and could be abandoned.

European cities were never as bad as US cities with this(you guys are doing lots of underground highways which aren't a problem), but I believe Glasgow made this mistake.

Share this comment