• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

St. Cuthbert's CBD

panthersimcity4

cbd1.jpg

You got here just in time! The rain is going away. :thumb:

As you can see, the buildings in the CBD aren't necessarily the tallest, but regardless, it is the center of banking and commerce in the city.

cbd3.jpg

This building is among the most famous, called the Witherbridge Center. It was built in the '60s as the city's second high-rise office building. Its most prominent feature is the mirrored windows and glass that were very modern and cutting-edge at the time.

cbd4.jpg

Originally, this part of the city was an outskirt of the old center, later becoming the area where most of the Industrial headquarters were located. Over time, more modern commercial buildings were built. Today, the area is known for its high-end shopping and entertainment.

cbdatnite.jpg

At night, the area contains several preforming theaters, many of which have plays and musical preformances.

cbd2f.jpg

The Imperial Bridge may not be in the CBD, but I didn't mention it last time so here it is! It was built in the late 1800s during the city's Industrial boom. The city was quite wealthy at the time, and the bridge served as a testament to that.

cbd5.jpg

Northwest of the CBD, perched upon a hill is the Marlonette Manor, which has served as the home of the island's leader.

AND FINALLY... a mosaic overview of the city of St. Cuthbert.

aerialmosadic.jpg

(At the bottom, there are some small areas that are not entirely complete yet.)

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

What is:
Diagona buildings
Those terraced houses things
The bridge
water mod (is it Hawian Holiday?)

Share this comment

Mikeaut1: Thanks!
armpit43: The diagonal buildings are by Krio (I think) and Ferox. They should be on the STEX. If you're referring to the curved terrace buildings, they are on the SC4devotion exchange by mattb325. As for the water mod, I know that it is by PEG and it is on the STEX... I believe it is the "Windjammer"
The bridge is on the SC4 exchange, it is the Pont Alexandre III by Xannepan.
kench: Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I saw it and couldn't resist using it. :P

Share this comment