• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A new introduction

Sign in to follow this  
panthersimcity4

This is the new introduction, because I'm restarting this CJ. A new update of the new St. Cuthbert coming soon. Spoiler alert: It is no longer the capital city.

flagqi.jpg

Republic of Veronsly

Veron: Pobblaght Vyron

French: Republique Véron

Capital: Albanel

Language(s): English, French, Veron/Gaelic

Denonym: Veron

Religion(s): Christianity (Protestant, Catholic),

Islam, No Religion/Irreligious, Other

Government: Parliamentary Republic

Independence: from England, 1902

Human Development Index: Very High

National Anthem: "Long Live Peace for Veronsly"

Brief History

which may be historically inaccurate, but this is a parallel universe from ours so it doesn't really matter

:P

The island had been populated by Celtic tribes who called the island "Vyron" to which the meaning isn't entirely known. However, the Romans colonized the island around 200 AD, calling it "Viridon," from the latin word "Viridis" meaning the color green. During the Middle Ages, the island consisted of two seperate city states - Albanel and St. Cuthbert. The two cities united in the 14th century to form the principality of Veronsly.

For many years Veronsly had been colonized by England and then later gained independence through a turbulent revolt. Because of the years of colonization, the main language of the island is English. However, most official government documents and ceremonial stuff is in Veron, which is a Gaelic language. (Or, should I say, pseudo-Gaelic because I'm not really an expert on languages and know little about actual Gaelic languages) The island was also invaded by Nazi Germany during World War II, although the Nazis later realized that the island was of no use to them so they ignored it for the most part.

Immediately after World War II, Veronsly was among the poorest countries in Western Europe. Several decades of economic growth, successful social programs and various other achievements, Veronsly is now among the most desirable small nations in Western Europe... although there has been a few issues due to the ongoing international economic crisis.

And, here's a little map of the island. Some of the cities are pseudo-gaelic Veron names, some English, and others French-sounding. The two big cities, Albanel and St. Cuthbert, have a very noticeable Dutch influence as far as architecture goes. And also you'll notice some of the waterfront areas are slightly Scandinavian.

map1v.jpg

And a teaser of St. Cuthbert....

;)

cuthbert14.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

Plus one (I can't find an actual "plus" key on this computer) for restarting this cj in the same cj! I'll be back to see how it develops!

Share this comment

awesome stuff! i gotta figure out how to build older section for my cities just like you have done! i tend to build huge commercial centers and not small cities like this one.

Share this comment