Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

allthetime

Going to Denver...what should I check out ?

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Hey ya'll.
    I'm going to Denver next week. Any suggestions on places to visit or things to do while I'm there ?  Thanks for any advice.

Although you probably won't do this, go a few miles south to Pagosa Spring to see wonderful springs coming out of the river and be in a town in the middle of the mountians... but that town is really far south from Denver.

If you are actually in Denver, you might want to go see the U.S. Mint and watch them make coins.

If you want to drive about an hour west, there is probably still good skiing out there.

If you want to drive about an hour south, Colorado Springs has a lot of interesting things, including the Air Force Academy, the Garden of the Gods, and a cool cave tour.

Originally posted by: SkiGeek

If you are actually in Denver, you might want to go see the U.S. Mint and watch them make coins. If you want to drive about an hour west, there is probably still good skiing out there. If you want to drive about an hour south, Colorado Springs has a lot of interesting things, including the Air Force Academy, the Garden of the Gods, and a cool cave tour.quote>

I was in Denver once.  I wish that I had time to see all of that.  I did get to see Pike's Peak though, but from a long distance.

Originally posted by: fishstix001

Boulder, CO

Loveland Pass(Continental Divide)11,990ft above sea level

You can do a lot of crazy things in Denverquote>

But don't ski at Loveland Pass. That is a waste of being in Colorado. Go through the tunnel and hit one of the ski resorts on the other side. I recommend Keystone, especially for beginners.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks for the info everyone.  Unfortunately I'll most likely be confined within the city due to a conference for work.  I'm planning on checking out the Mint for sure.  I'm looking foward to seeing that part of the country.