Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fredval

Excel bug

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Hello everyone and congratulations to Dirk for the new site. It's simply great !

However, there is something really strange : each time I try to write a message, (even a PM), Simtropolis automatically opens Excel on my computer. I don't understand. But in the end, it's getting me crazy. Has anyone the same phenomenon ?  I have tried to clear my cookies folder but it always behave like that. Could be a bug (but many people would face it), or a spyware thing...

Fred

I have a great solution to your problem.. just uninstall Exel...

(joke)

and did you scanned your PC ?

• Original Poster
  • Yes I scanned with adaware and spybot... it did not fix anything...though it's probably some sort of virus, I fear...

I am having the same problem, but instead of opening excel its opening an installer, and I have to cancel it five times before it leave me alone and post a message, but on my dad's computer it is fine... ?

Nealos101

I have the same "installer" window popup, on one computer. Why it doesn't do the same thing on the other computer I haven't figured out. Only thing is it wants to install from MS Office 2000, and I have Office XP, and Excel is installed, so go figure.

The solution to stop it was to change editors in the profile options, I don't get it with the HTML editor.