Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aurabolt12

Downloading growable buildings

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • I've downloaded a few buildings from STEX and am very pleased when they grow in my city by themselves. The little button that appears on STEX that says GROWS, PLOP, or [grayed out]... What does the grey button mean? It both grows and plops?

Is there a specific file extention that is only for growable lots? And the same for plop?

Also, what do the buttons REALLY mean? If it says PLOP, does it mean it only plops (and the same for GROWS)? Thanks to anyone who can answer this.

Often Commerical Buildings are marked PLOP cause the modder has provided Plop w/jobs which most people seem to want, but included is usually the GROW and LANDMARK lots, it seems like an unwritten rule here but PLOP always seems to mean that you can plop the buildingin the game but it has functionality, it provides jobs. LANDMARK can also be plopped but usually its only for looks and will boost Mayor Rating and other things. GROW means if you zone it correctly and demand is high enough sims will build it!

Residential Buildings are almost always marked GROW because the game doesn't work well with Residential buildings that ware Plopped, but ofetn these come with a LANDMARK LOT as well.

Read the stats of BATs on STEX, they usually tell you what is provided.

Yeah, it's kinda stupid when you upload something. You need to check either the box grows or plop. or none of them. So what do you do if you have both? Or even more?

When it comes right down to it, that button isn't reliable. Read the description and the comments to get an idea of what's inside. Besides, I already said it once, and I'll say it again: If you can't find anything, remember you can PM the publisher and ask him to friggin' post a decent description. 3.gif At least a sentence like growable and landmark included or growably only shouldn't be too much to ask. Sadly enough, it is in some cases. 30.gif

• Original Poster
  • 44.gif
    Thanks a lot guys, I found out that most buildings on the STEX are growable!! Now i can have my city build lots of sweet custom buildings!

Simtropolis = pwnage 29.gif