Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A199999999

Dinner Theaters Everywhere!!

18 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Is there a mod or somthing that keeps the Kenner dinner theaters from growing or makes less of them?

Somtimes half of my commercial stuff is taken over by the dinner theaters and i have to delete them and wait for more stuff to build and jobs to come back!(and letting them stay is not an option)
    <ahttp://www.simtropolis.com/idealbb/files//West%20Shore-Dec.%2015,%201111140278331.jpg align=baseline>
    This isint nearly the worst of it!

HELP ME!!!

As far as I know, there isn't any mod that specific.

For some odd reason, SC4 tends to build the same buildings in swarms. For example, one time I think had at least 20 or 30 of those tiny C

Don't ya just love it when a Lot repeats over and over.I had 3 Toys R Us Stores grow side by side but  in time there where none.

Wait for time to take its toll, and they will change to other buildings.

Be greatful they are only small buildings, wait until you get swarmed with the same skyscraper, then it really sticks out and messes up realism 45.gif

It seems that the lot that brings the trouble is a 3 x 2 lot. Try to zone in different ways so that you get different lot sizes in every block, some one, some two and some three tiles deep lots. When development starts, landmark a few buildings in each block so that the theatre freak sims cannot change the lot structure.

Well, I had that phenomena with a lot of different C- and R-Buildings, ingame as well as customs. I guess running the game slowly does have a small positive effect on increasing variety as these buildings grow mostly together (and if you want them in a row you'll most probably get a lap that does not fill with that specific building you want to have there).

Anyway you mostly have four methods to copy with that:

1. The Bulldozer 11.gif. I guess no explanation needed ...

2. Use it. Accept it if you like the building. But keep in minds that laps are REALLY hard to fill ...

3. Build slowly. Let the game run slowly, zone part for part and not all of a commercial / residential at once.

4. Wait and let the game run. After appr. 200-500 game years you should have quite some money (if you kept the fincancial balance to at least a minimum surplus) and variety.

Hope I could help you

Bernhard 44.gif

If nothing else, you can change the name of the lots. Just open the status display and you can edit the title of the lot. Looks the same, but many cities are like that.

There is a serious problem with the randomizer. I suspect that it is looping through its initializer too often or its scope is not good enough. Anyway, same seeding will cause things like this.

Date: 2/18/2006 6:02:30 PM Author: sixers33

I keep on getting cox family courts

like i mean about hundreds of them...
    how many families are sueing each other???
    gees...

quote>

Trust me I know that feeling. I usually rename the court to hotel to Cox Family Hotel as it looks like a hotel. Either way if you just want one, query it, check it to make it historical and over time the others will elvove into something else. Also download stuff from the STEX. Especially from Simgoober, Pegasus (just to name a couple) and there is other people that have some real nice stuff just to get rid of the default maxis stuff and you can have one realistic looking city. Although I do like the Maxis Residental Towers but too many of them in the same vicinity is insane...

hm...

i've realized that often the same buildings appear...

i did two things to change:
    1) i changed to all buildingstyles at once, helps at least a little
    2) i accepted it as a part of my destiny to see same bulding over and over again...

Err... Just to point it out to you guys, Cox Family Courts is not like a court of justice, so why would there be any sueing.

It is a court as in a shopping court. I think shopping courts are a european thing, but I could be wrong. Its is just a number of small shops within the same complex, like a very small mall.

Not like courts of justice. lol

1.gif

Well than how many eat!!!

those fattys!!!

don't they eat enough!

i will make sure to make them FAR FAR AWAY then so the sims don't get obese

probably will

fatty boom-boom