Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double L

Downloading maps that are not 1024X1024

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

download the config map that comes with the jpeg...it should have the proper ratio and demensions for larger maps

and just follow these instructions
http://www.simtropolis.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=57421

ps you can change the city layout of the config map (do this all the time myself), just don't change the overall demensions of the config map and you'll b ok...44.gif

• Original Poster
  • OK, now I'm having problems bringing up the config file. Whenever I press ctrl+alt+shift+r the config file either won't appear or won't be put on the map when I click on it. 

When you are following the Map Rendering instructions, it is the jpeg you want to open, not the config. If you want to edit the config, just open it in MS Paint but it is always the jpeg file you want to open in game.

• Original Poster
  • OK, whenever I go to load the Jpeg file, it still comes up with the same message that the map is not 1025X1025, so somehow my config is not getting attached even though it is in the folder with the jpeg file and it is named config.bmp.

That's because the program has loaded a default config.bmp instead of the one you want it to load. Catch is, there's no way to tell it which one to load. You have to trick it. Here's the proceedure I use:

1) Before starting the program, create a new directory in your regions folder. Call it whatever you want to call your new region. Put the config.bmp in this folder. You don't have to put the jpg in this folder, but it's as good a place as any.

2) Start SC4 and go to the load region menu. Your new folder should appear in the list. Open it. SC4 will display a completely flat region, BUT, the configuration will match the config.bmp of the region you want to import.

3) NOW, use ctrl+alt+shift+r to load the corresponding jpg. The terrain will be loaded using the configuration that you tricked the program into loading.

(I see that these are equivalent instructions to the ones in the link up above, so it looks like I got it right.)