Sign in to follow this  
Carter938

Constant game Crashing. Please help.

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello. My SimCity4 game is legit, new, no plugins or mods. I have a newer model Windows 7 computer with multiple cores.

My game was not crashing for the past week. However, now when I play it will crash every 15 minutes or so. I have done the TaskManager thing and it does not make a difference. I do not know why it suddenly happened. Even today earlier I was playing for a few hours and It was completely fine. But in the past hour my game decided that it didnt want to run every fifteen minutes.

How do i fix this?

It is extrordinarily annoying. 

Well, people have been helpful but we are all really guessing without knowing whether you have SimCity 4, Rush Hour, or Deluxe and whether you loaded the game from Cd or from a downloader such as Amazon.

A quick way for us to find all this out is for you to post the first 20 lines of your most recent crash report (open the .txt file in notepad).  This will tell us your game status at a glance.  There are no quick answers as it all depends on what you are actually running.

Depending on your set up, you could even be missing some critical patches that were published years ago by Maxis.  Looking forward to your response.

• Original Poster
  • Well, people have been helpful but we are all really guessing without knowing whether you have SimCity 4, Rush Hour, or Deluxe and whether you loaded the game from Cd or from a downloader such as Amazon.

A quick way for us to find all this out is for you to post the first 20 lines of your most recent crash report (open the .txt file in notepad).  This will tell us your game status at a glance.  There are no quick answers as it all depends on what you are actually running.

Depending on your set up, you could even be missing some critical patches that were published years ago by Maxis.  Looking forward to your response.

I have deluxe edition, downlaoded. Where are the crash reports stored?

It seems to happen more frequently when i have it running at cheetah speed.

Also I havnt downloaded any patches. Is there supposed to be a prompt to do so? Where do I download them at?

• Original Poster
  • UPDATE: It seems to happen a few second after this: My advisor will tell me that a street needs to be upgraded. I go to the street and build a road over it. Then it crashes a second or two later.

Update 2: Now I have saved. So when I open my city it crashes after exactly one second, always on time. This is really starting to annoy me.

• Original Poster
  • I have also looked into the patches. I went to Ea Games simcity 4 patches and clicked on the link for Deluxe Edition in North America but ALL my browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox) wont connect to it.

Where are the crash reports stored?

Please see

I have deluxe edition, downlaoded.

If you've acquired a digital version from retailers such as Amazon, GamersGate, Steam or Origin, your game already comes fully patched (version 1.1.641.0), so no need to update.

P. S. Just a small posting reminder: In future, when adding new information, it'd be helpful to edit it into a single reply. Multiple double posts can make a thread confusing to follow. Thanks. :)

• Original Poster
  • Here is the exception report:

Exception time: 09/21/2013, at 14:27:56.
    Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.
    Current thread ID: 7764 (0x00001e54).
    Version information:
    Application/module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe
    Application/module version name: SimCity 4
    Application/module version: 1.1.610.0
    System version: Windows NT 6.1
    System memory: 4096 Megabytes total, 4096 Megabytes free.

Exception module:  .
    Exception address: 0x14b4fe1f. Section:Offset: 0x00:0x00000000.

Registers
       EAX: 14b41408
       EBX: 00000000
       ECX: 14b4f9d0
       EDX: 14b4f9d0
       ESI: 0f819954
       EDI: 14b4f9d0
       CS:EIP: 0023:14b4fe1f
       SS:ESP: 002b:0018f838  EBP:00000088
       DS:002b  ES:002b  FS:0053  GS:002b
       Flags: 00210206

Notwithstanding what you posted earlier, you have the CD loaded unpatched version of SimCity 4 Deluxe.  (610).

The patch to take you to the required version 638 is here on the STEX.

Now, where did you get your game?  If it came as a torrent it is probably illegal, and has been cracked, in which case the patch will not work and you've been had.

We do not support such versions.

• Original Poster
  • Notwithstanding what you posted earlier, you have the CD loaded unpatched version of SimCity 4 Deluxe.  (610).

The patch to take you to the required version 638 is here on the STEX.

Now, where did you get your game?  If it came as a torrent it is probably illegal, and has been cracked, in which case the patch will not work and you've been had.

We do not support such versions.

No its not a pirated game.