Sign in to follow this  
Xr3iracer

Serial code help!

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello all,

I bought simcity 4 recently and it when I go to install the game the serial code I have will not work! The copy of the game I bought was new and wrapped! Have I been conned or is there a way around this problem?

Any help will b great

Thanks

What's the edition of your game? Your serial code should be found on the back of the game's manual. First just double check this is entered correctly.

If it's faulty, I suggest contacting EA customer support here. Otherwise you may want to take this up with the retailer, and ask for a full refund / replacement.

Once you've convinced EA of your bona fides, they will give you a key that will work.  However, you should consider returning the package for a refund and purchase the digital download version from Amazon, GamersGate, Steam or Origin.  It comes fully patched, requires no play disk, and is immediately fully operational.

The CD version of deluxe needs two published patches, needs the play disk (#2) in the drive, and can be a bit of an administrative nuisance.

• Original Poster
  • Thank you! Stuck at work pretty much until Sunday so I'll have to wait! ! Have bought it to try to build a massive city unlike the new sim city!

• Original Poster
  • Thanks, gonna try ea today and failing that I'll download the game! I didn't realise I could download sim city 4 so that's why I bought a hard copy! Oh well!!