Sign in to follow this  
Birdie-Anne

Mac Release Countdown :)

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Just wanted to put up a thread to talk about how EXCITED I am for SimCity for Mac.

However, super frustrated by the lack of information.

I am trying to decide if I think there will be a hugely buggy start (ala the PC game) OR we'll get a different, entirely unique set of bugs for our trouble. Also, I am worried about there being regular updates for Mac, since this has just taken so long...oy.

BUT! I am so excited to get started playing - I've been watching Let's Plays for months and have a lot of ideas of what I want to do.

Who else out there is waiting for the Mac?

(also, if this has been discussed a lot before, sorry, I am a newbie to this board :))

Waiting for the Mac version as well.  FYI the release date is 8/29.

I imagine it will be patched up to the latest and the release won't be a complete disaster.  I haven't heard anything about patch 7.0, but I imagine they might release it at around the same time as the Mac version which is good because it's supposed to fix traffic issues.

I'm wondering how the graphics and gameplay will be on my MacBook Pro; hoping it's not a bust.

• Original Poster
  • Hi Brett :)

Yeah, I am hoping it plays on my MacBook Pro as well - it's a mid-2010, so it sounds like it should, based on the specs. I will need to upgrade to Lion from Snow Leopard - but that's okay, I realize I am a few operating systems behind now ;)

Can't wait until August 29! Wahoo.

8 Days left!! I really hope it is released with easier to deal with bugs. Im also waiting for the tile size increase, which is a huge factor into my deciding if im going to buy the game at all or not