Sign in to follow this  
SAGG

Storage Problems

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello. I keep running out of storage for any of my materials in my cities at my trade depots. I'm told by the advisor to add garages, but I've run out of them. That message is still there and it drives me nuts. :whatevs:  Any way I can address this issue? Thanks in advance.

Hello. I keep running out of storage for any of my materials in my cities at my trade depots. I'm told by the advisor to add garages, but I've run out of them. That message is still there and it drives me nuts. :whatevs:  Any way I can address this issue? Thanks in advance.

Make sure that you've either set your materials to be exported (if you're not using them to produce anything), or that they're being used by some other industry.

Example: If you're extracting raw ore and coal and sending both materials to a smelting factory, make sure that you have enough smelters to handle the output of your coal and ore mines. Also ensure that you've got enough delivery trucks working at your trade depot to keep the smelters supplied with the materials it needs. Having too many mines, or too few smelters, will result in materials stocking up and eventually filling your trade depots. It's a balancing act between how fast you extract materials and how fast you can process them into other goods. The same goes for when you're using trade ports in place of trade depots, though obviously there's a lot more storage space in the former.

Obviously the same concept applies when extracting oil to making plastics, using alloy and plastics to make processors, and using processors and plastics to manufacture consumer electronics.

Of course, if you're not using your extracted or manufactured materials to make anything, make sure you've set your trade depot to export the materials you're delivering to it.