Sign in to follow this  
wdchris

What is MTP?

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello all,

I recently got back into SC4 and after a few weeks started looking into the different plugins available. I have added a few BATS and installed the NAM which all work well and seem good fun. I am now reading about SPAM and it's prerequisite MTP but don't really understand what it is?

From what I can gather, MTP it's a complete reskin of Maxis textures to make it look more mountain like? If so, how do you control it? Does it add new buttons into the menu system? Does it change game dynamics and can you choose when to use them?

Same goes for SPAM. I have read the forum thread explaining it and see that it changes how I-AG works, but can I still build a normal maxis city and have regions with the new SPAM fields in?

Sorry if it's all pretty basic or covered before...

MTP is a dependency plugin. It contains various additional  textures and objects that will be used by the SPAM. In itself, it doesn't add any button nor does change dynamics of the game, It's just a library that contains things referenced in the SPAM.

And yes, you can build a normal city and have SPAM fields in. As long as you have the mod and it's dependencies in your plugins folder, you are free whether to use it or not. Just one thing if you plan to use the SPAM: get rid of the traffic controller. Delete it. It doesn't work with NAM controller.

Good luck

• Original Poster
  • Thanks Magneto. When you say I am free to use SPAM or not, how is it possible to choose? Is there an option switch or something?

No, it isn't togglable. .As long as it's in your plugins folder, it will overhaul all the mechanics and visuals related to agriculture.

So if you don't want to use it in some cities, you have to manually remove the files away from plugins, and put it again in cities you want to use it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ronyx69
        So I was recently looking at some Japan driving videos and got inspired to make some highway pillars.
        I'm planning to make an entire set of various types of pillars in this style, even a 6cell over-canal pillar. (if it goes okay)
        Tell me what you think about my first attempt, I need to nail the style and the details before I start making other variations.
        Constructive criticism welcome, also any ideas.
        By the way, do pillars have LODs like regular buildings? I should just make it just the pillar, without the small details - pipe, wires, supports.
        Not sure when they're going to be done and available.

• By Mr_Maison
        Hello everyone. This will be my custom content showcase and workshop thread. In all the years I been a member here, I never uploaded any content but enjoying great work by other members. I take this opportunity to say Thank You to all content makers for making our city building experience so enjoyable. I feel that making content is overdue for me and I want to give back to the community. I have some buildings and trees that I will be showing in upcoming updates to this thread. I will also be asking for advice and help.
        11/19/2017 Release: The Christmas Tree Link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1205112717

More info on last pages of this thread.

Note: This post was edited 5/29/2015 to reserve this first post for all current updates.

• By monkeywater
        Hi,

I installed the SPAM mod, and I get tons of new farm skins.  However even when I zone huge farms, they never develop any large buildings on them, only ever 1x1 or 1x2.
        Eventually farm demand drops off entirely.
        Is there something I am doing wrong?  I see the building files in my plugin folder, but no idea how to make them actually grow.

thanks!
      • By pauliaxz
        Hello ST community,
        I will use this topic to show my upcoming, work in progress and finished mods for Cities: Skylines. Some may know, some may not - I make soviet style buildings and car models.
        Here is some showcase of my already made mods:
        Link to steam collection of my residential soviet buildings. Series 1-464LI

Vehicle mods:
        Link to steam collection of my passenger cars mods
        Link to my steam collection of heavy land vehicles (buses, trucks)

Here is the link to all my planned, WiP, released vehicles list in Trello website
      • By cperfdb
        This is my problem: I tried to register and it says that I am baned, and I cannot do anything because my IP was identified by "spammer" 

Please I need HELP