Sign in to follow this  
tomas1990

Looking for a lot of that kind of buildings

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Building must be ploppable!

Does anyone knows where to get similar buildings? Because i want to build an old part of town with old fashionable buildings (1900's-1960's style. I hope you get what I mean.

By the way pictures are from my current in progress town, just looking for more different buildings with the same style.

sL2GB.jpg

OVERO.jpg

Well, that's quite a span from the 1900's to the 1960's!

If you go for 1920's-1940's, mainly Art Deco, you already have some of the most important artists there - if you search for stuff made by nofunk and jasoncw, you will already find a lot of top-quality buildings.

The NYBT has also released some formidable content, ranging from mid-rises to skyscrapers. Another BATter who used to release some nice BAts from a similar period is Don Miguel. You'll find some relevant buildings among SimGoober's countless releases, too. marcszar may be another author who could be interesting for you. The two latter ones have published most of their work in SC4Devotion.

If you go into the 50's and 60's, you already have a totally different architecture - International Style, brutalism... that will look quite different from what you show on these pictures.

Let me make a recommendation. When you get a few spare hours to sit down in front of the computer, just start looking at page after page in the STEX. In my browsing sessions, I've come across a bunch of downloads for buildings which fit the style and era you're looking for.

One example I could recommend for you is Carew Tower: For over 70 years it was the tallest building in my hometown of Cincinnati (that's a city in southwest Ohio. U.S.) It's known for being one of the greatest examples of art deco architecture in the United States. It would fit in perfectly in your city.

Also, the creator of that lot is NoFunk. Check out his other downloads here.

Oh, I just saw that you said "building must be ploppable" - well, good news: every building is. Using the "buildingplop" cheat via the Extra Cheats DLL, you can plop any building you want, where you want, whenever you want, as often as you want. And if you don't want to use any cheat, you just let it be, and your game will run 100% normally.