Sign in to follow this  
Joronamo

Entertainment Value

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Despite what you all think in terms of features lacking, omissions from previous versions, disappointment's in tile size etc, the one thing you guys cannot argue with is this game is gonna be fun!

• Original Poster
  • No but I watched the 10min gameplay video again this morning and I just feel the glass box engine gives the game whats its been missing all these years. The gameplay has been so 'dry' in my opinion in past releases. For example, I would always get the urge to play SC4 to bring a city to life and install it. Then after playing for an hour you kind of get bored just doing the same thing over and over. Upgrade road here, build school there, lower funding, deal with strikes.

Not saying that a bad thing but that was kind of it. The fun for me was pausing the simulation and just watching the city function. Now you can do that and zoom in for real and actually see sims doing real stuff instead off walking a block then dissapearing off the face of the earth. Add the multiplayer features on top of that and it looks like a really fun game.

I just feel like despite all the complaining going on, people are still gonna buy this game and enjoy it alot. All the stuff they want will be added later anyway either through DLC, expansions, mods or sequels.

I think you need more information. The first video I watch after I know if the new SC will be released is that 10 min video too. At first, I thought the game is good and nothing should be concerned. However, later on, I realize if some of features from SC4 is not there and the game is a downgraded version with additional online feature. Then, I realize if online is forced here and we can't zone those farms and there also empty useless space between those cities. Soon after I realize those negative side of the game, I get the last surprise, an expensive game that need Origin to work and because of all of those things, I thought too many things from the previous system is removed and I no longer interested to buy this game anymore.

I thought most of things that you said is false and you must know several things outside 3D and all of SC video that provided by EA/maxis.

However, you're true in some cases, since all features available is quite good and using 3D instead of 2.5D like SC4 make this one become better and I think some people probably will love this game, although most people will not interested with the game because of quite many features is removed too and no internet means you can't play it.

I just want to test you with these questions :

Will you buy a game that even you will not have it after you bought it ?

Do you think your city will be saved in your computer ?

Do you think you could play the game without any internet source nearby ?

How could you ensure everyone if the game will be enjoyed by many if you never play it and the only evidence from your statement is EA/maxis free video that will not showing the negative sides of the game and use those video to attract people, not to tell the truth?

Is that blog a hate machine? Who knows. It sure as hell is going to be biased with a name like that.

However, I must also agree that we just do not have enough information about the game to judge the entertainment value of it. It does look like it's going to be a fun game to play, but I sincerely hope it'll still be fun after a couple of weeks or even months. Too often I play games which are initially fun but have a very limited replay value and stop being interesting after a couple of weeks or so.

I think that talking about entertainment value is preemptive at best. And considering you can't really measure entertainment value since it's based on personal preferences, I'd say it's irrelevant.

Going to close this since the game characteristics that are known are included in the pinned topics all ready present, so we don't need a new topic to discuss the same old things.