Sign in to follow this  
Cefien

My NWM conflict with Rails...?

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

I didn't know this issue until i tried to cross my rails (Ground rail, Elevated Rail and Monorail) through the existing NWM in my city...

Is this really like this when trying to cross them?? or i'm having issue with my NWM..??

riverswanjul29128135186.jpg

The problem looks clear, you put the wrong puzzle piece and the road looks strange like that because the puzzle piece is not for NWM, but for the road.

Press home/end kwy to rotate form one puzzle to another puzzle pieces in a set, press tab to change from one type of NAM puzzle piece to another. I think NAM Team already add some pieces which is compatible with NWM, so just press home/end key until you find the right puzzle piece, then put that puzzle piece there, then everything should be fine and.the NWM is below the monorail instead of road

That's not a puzzle piece. It's a draggable. And most diagonal intersections/overpass situations involving NWM networks will do exactly that, as they haven't been coded yet. This is mentioned in the Readme.

-Tarkus

• Original Poster
  • The problem looks clear, you put the wrong puzzle piece and the road looks strange like that because the puzzle piece is not for NWM, but for the road.

Press home/end kwy to rotate form one puzzle to another puzzle pieces in a set, press tab to change from one type of NAM puzzle piece to another. I think NAM Team already add some pieces which is compatible with NWM, so just press home/end key until you find the right puzzle piece, then put that puzzle piece there, then everything should be fine and.the NWM is below the monorail instead of road

Well, it's not clear enough to you, i see....like Mr.Tarkus said before, it's NOT a puzzle pieces bro....i dragged that NWM with my own hand,...problem is, when i tried to drag my rails across the existing NWM, they automatically turned out to be like what shown in the pic above....but i guess i understand what you're trying to explain....but please tell me that you're not saying about a rail puzzle pieces across the NWM..?? is that even exist....??? :sly: but hei, that's no the problem here.

Edited by Cefien  

• Original Poster
  • most diagonal intersections/overpass situations involving NWM networks will do exactly that, as they haven't been coded yet. This is mentioned in the Readme.

-Tarkus

................. o.O

Oh, man....my bad.... :blush: that's what happen when you don't read the readme clearly.... :D

well, i guess i know the answer now.....

hope you guys in the NAM team will work on this in the next release...cheers :D

Edited by Cefien  

It'll probably be the release after the next one. We're currently focused on a big RHW revamp for the next NAM release, but we'll be getting to a big NWM revamp after that.

-Tarkus

Well, it's not clear enough to you, i see....like Mr.Tarkus said before, it's NOT a puzzle pieces bro....i dragged that NWM with my own hand,...problem is, when i tried to drag my rails across the existing NWM, they automatically turned out to be like what shown in the pic above....but i guess i understand what you're trying to explain....but please tell me that you're not saying about a rail puzzle pieces across the NWM..?? is that even exist....??? :sly: but hei, that's no the problem here.

I think there are NWM crossing rail (Both heavy and light rail). I'm not sure if rail crossing NWM puzzle is exist because I'm not using NWM very often although I do ever use it and still have it now.

• Original Poster
  • I think there are NWM crossing rail (Both heavy and light rail). I'm not sure if rail crossing NWM puzzle is exist because I'm not using NWM very often although I do ever use it and still have it now.

You think..??

well, the answer is, there are none, bro.....basically, there is,...but technically no (if you know what i mean).....you see, NWM is dragable, there are no such thing as NWM crossing rail puzzle pieces....if you wanna make it, you just have to manually drag it (that what i mean "basically").....but when you drag it....you'll see what happen to them in the picture above (technically).....that's why i'm here asking for that....but, this is again "technically" my fault as i didn't read the readme given for the NWM clearly, that these NWM and rails haven't been encoded yet....that's why they turned out to be weird when crossing each other.... :D

The problem is already answered respectively by Mr.Tarkus from the NAM team....so, case close....cheers :D

I did a test in my sandbox. The only level crossing I could get using a MAVE-6 was heavy rail. A diagonal crossing changed the road under the rails to ordinary road segments, but I was able to drag the MAVE-6 right up to the signal posts on both sides of the crossing.

All other rail systems just don't cross at all with a MAVE-6. I think we have to look at NWM as a work in progress and give thanks that some people are working on it.