Sign in to follow this  
nycsc4

Help with Neighbor Deals

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello everyone!

I have been rebuilding my City's utility infrastructure and decided to start placing all pumps, treatment plants, power plants, and garbage facilities in one city tile.

I have included a picture of my region to show the plants and each City that is currently hooked up to one another.

Notice I have not yet started the electricity project yet. Site studies are still underway to determine a permanent location for the power plants. This only deals with water and garbage.

screenshot20121024at223.png

To begin: Black lines are city tile borders. The blue circle on Iona Island represents all of the City's water pumps (12 large capacity pumps) and treatment plants (4 treatment plants). Orange represents garbage. Vancouver-2 has 3 PEG garbage docks (two large and one regular) and 3 maxis recycling centers.

Water

Iona Island sells water to Vancouver-5 which in turn sells it to Vancouver-6 which then sells it to Vancouver-Main which then sells to Vancouver-2.

Iona Island sells 1,093,000cu m/mo to Vancouver-5.

Vancouver-5 sells 1,093,000cu m/mo to Vancouver-6.

Vancouver-6 sells 1,093,000cu m/mo to Vancouver-Main.

Vancouver-Main sells 10,000cu m/mo to Vancouver-2.

Garbage

Vancouver-2 has all of the City's garbage facilities. Currently the only garbage deal exists between Vancouver-Main and Vancouver-2.

Vancouver-Main exports 1000 units(?) of garbage to Vancouver-2.

Here is my problem. I have a large garbage problem in Vancouver-Main. I have more than enough capacity in Van-2 to export more than 1,000 units of garbage from Van-Main, but for some reason I can't get a deal to go through with more than 1000 units of garbage.

My other problem is with water. As I mentioned I have 12 large capacity pumps on Iona Island exporting 1,093,000cu m/mo. Each of the 12 water pumps is running at 41% usage and 99% condition. So I know there is room for more. Again just like garbage I can't seem to get Iona Island to sell anymore water to its neighboring cities. Despite both Vancouver-Main and Vancouver-2 flashing warnings regarding water capacity and the need for more.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I can't increase export and import totals for water and garbage? I've run each city in a chain (Start with Van-2 and work my way down or visa-verse), but that hasn't worked. I searched the forums but couldn't come across anything. I've even thought there just might be limits as to how much I can buy and sell between cities.

I run SC4 Deluxe on a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks!

• Original Poster
  • Thanks...I guess.

I would put money on any solution to neighbor deals on the Mac version would be the same as the PC version. In fact most of the issues I have on my Mac I've solved using my 7 years of experience with SC4 on PCs. I see no noticeable difference between either version.

So can a Mod please move this to the Mac forum so I can get an answer?

Yeah, just a tip, if you want to get actual gameplay problems solved, don't mention your on a mac, it doesn't get you anywhere fast, trust me.

I have always had problems with neighbour deals, I've never really understood what they need to completely work.

What I usually do is provide some sort of water or garbage facilities in the town to alleviate some of the issues, and then let some time pass and the neighbour deals should be sorted out.

If you want this thread moved to somewhere that you might get a few more gameplay answers then feel free to ask.

• Original Poster
  • Yeah, just a tip, if you want to get actual gameplay problems solved, don't mention your on a mac, it doesn't get you anywhere fast, trust me.

I have always had problems with neighbour deals, I've never really understood what they need to completely work.

What I usually do is provide some sort of water or garbage facilities in the town to alleviate some of the issues, and then let some time pass and the neighbour deals should be sorted out.

If you want this thread moved to somewhere that you might get a few more gameplay answers then feel free to ask.

Thank you for an actual response, Hamish! I am beginning to understand why we Mac folks keep it quiet. Though I really don't understand the animosity between PC and Mac users. I played on a PC for 7+ years and on a Mac now for 2+. The Mac is better. Less crashes, quicker smoother gameplay, and aside from a few minor plugin issues I posted about before, I have no problems. Macs are clearly the better choice for SC4 if you ask me.

And whats with the hatred towards Mac owners in general? It's like being a Democrat in the South...don't tell anyone. I think PC owners are just jealous they don't have the latest and greatest technology in front of them like us Mac users do.

Anyway as far as my problem goes I actually managed to solve the water issue. I added a connection between Iona Island and the tile to the South of it. I think as soon as Iona realized there was another connection it started pumping much more water which I then sold up the chain to Vancouver-Main. So that is solved. Now onto garbage. I may just have to build a large landfill somewhere.

Thanks for your help! I guess I just need to stick to this forum since the rest of Simtropolis seems set on shunning Mac users.

Yeah, there are a few features that the mac version misses, but overall I think its much more stable, so I can live with it.

If you want gameplay questions asked, don't mention your on a mac. Instantly it turns from the gameplay into, "Oh, well it must be because its on a mac".

Oh great, good to hear the water issue is solved. A large landfill somewhere is probably the best idea. Good to get the trash out of the way before it starts to build up in the city.