Sign in to follow this  
Arg777

Doing a survey for my entrepreneurship class, responses would be appreciated!

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

I filled in your questionnaire however some of your questions make assumptions that people go to the beach every day at a set time... i wish I could but I live quite far from the beach lol. You might want to think about adding a few extra tick boxes to some of the questions. :-).

I'd contribute but I haven't gone to the beach with any regularity since middle school.

I mean, once you're too old to build sandcastles and stuff, what is there to do there, really?

It's not that people go to the beach daily, I only go there a few times a year.

There are also other options missing, like at the question what you buy at the beach. Maybe it's different in America, but at the beaches I go to, there's always beer.

And can't people go to the beach in the evenings?

I like to fill out surveys but it becomes very difficult when questions are not right.

Also, with the postal code, you could find the side of the street I live on, so I've not provided the full code.

If you want a truly anonymous survey, lose the postal code question. This demographic is very likely irrelevant to the survey.

This survey needs some serious work to refine it. I'd work some more on those questions if I were you.

I never go to the beach any more. Since my wife passed away, my limited mobility keeps me pretty much housebound. It is a pretty pollyanna idea to think that everyone goes to the beach.

Maybe it's different in America, but at the beaches I go to, there's always beer.

Depends. If it's a private beach at a resort, you will probably find alcohol. Public beaches, not necessarily. Many don't even allow you to bring your own.

A lot of places in the US don't like dealing with alcohol since if you allow it, you will inevitably have to deal with drunk people making messes, getting loud, starting fights, etc. The percentage of Americans who remain orderly under the influence of alcohol is considerably lower than in other countries. And naturally, people don't like having their kids exposed to such behavior, so it is pretty much impossible for a place to both allow unrestricted consumption of alcohol and be family friendly.

Maybe it's different in America, but at the beaches I go to, there's always beer.

Depends. If it's a private beach at a resort, you will probably find alcohol. Public beaches, not necessarily. Many don't even allow you to bring your own.

A lot of places in the US don't like dealing with alcohol since if you allow it, you will inevitably have to deal with drunk people making messes, getting loud, starting fights, etc. The percentage of Americans who remain orderly under the influence of alcohol is considerably lower than in other countries. And naturally, people don't like having their kids exposed to such behavior, so it is pretty much impossible for a place to both allow unrestricted consumption of alcohol and be family friendly.

I don't think Texas allows alcohol in any of its public parks.Public beaches are considered parks here even at lakes.

I don't think Texas allows alcohol in any of its public parks.Public beaches are considered parks here even at lakes.

Is that a state regulation or just common consensus among counties and municipalities?

Around here the decision seems to be case by case on the part of the operators. Regulations differ from beach to beach.

Is that a state regulation or just common consensus among counties and municipalities?

Around here the decision seems to be case by case on the part of the operators. Regulations differ from beach to beach.

Most public parks i have been too don't allow alcohol there are signs posted at the entrances and through out the park.

I didn't used to be that way, until a few incidences/shootings compelled them to change the policies.

Hence the Alcohol ban. the police now patrol the lakes in boats so they can catch offenders IN their boats drinking.

for the idiots that drink and boat on our lakes.that boggles my mind power boating drunk.

Up here, if you are caught with any amount of alcohol open when your boat is under weigh (that is not tied up, at anchor, or aground) you lose your boat license, your car driver's license and if you are a flyer, your pilot's license. It is a criminal code offence, and treated quite strictly.

You are really only allowed alcoholic beverages on a vessel if it has sleeping accommodation that is more than just a sleeping bag in the bilge.

• Original Poster
  • Thank you for your responses.

To clear some things up, the survey does not assume people go to the beach everyday. Rather, it is when you DO go to the beach, doesn't matter if it's once a year. If you never go to the beach, than this survey does not apply to you.

The zip/postal code survey is meant to get an idea of general location and possible surrounding beaches. I understand that people may live somewhere and go to beaches somewhere entirely different, but it's just to get an idea.

For the type of service i'm thinking of providing, knowing if people go to the beach in the evening after 4:00 PM is irrelevant.

For the most part, it is unlawful to sell alcoholic beverages directly on the beach in the US.

Also, a lot of people don't stop going to the beach after middle school. The beach isn't just for building sandcastles! Plenty of people go to get a tan, take a swim in the ocean, or just relax. It just depends on where you are from and your preferences.

I have gotten plenty of responses from other sources which better represent my target market, i now see that perhaps this forum was not the best place to ask for this survey but I value your feedback and responses.

Thank You!

I don't know if first letting people fill out a survey, and then throw the results away because you don't like them is a very proper, academical way of conducting research. If you wanted to research a certain target group, you should have defined that first, so no results that are useless for your research will come in.

I hope your other sources have better, more useful responses than we gave. After all, this place is full of Sim Game geeks and non-Americans.