Sign in to follow this  
Mikey23

Rush hour in Simcity and RHW

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello

I've build apart from my city a Industrial city, because of the pollution. Between the two cities I've a four lane RHW

in both sides. And it was hard work to get him to work. In the industrial city the RWH was working in one direction from

the mayor city. Belongs the traffic information, the Sims has to use the other direction during the evening rush hour. But

the traffic on the RHW didn't changed. Now I've build houses in the Industrial part and RHW is working in both directions.

Before the RHW i had Maxis higway and that worked fine without houses in the industrial city. I've read the RHW tooks one year to set the traffic right. But i've waited 10 years and nothing was happening. Who can tell me how this works???

Greetz,

Mike

To clarify what Wilmeiser should be saying is that for inter-city connections, one way networks, such as all RHW's with more than two lanes, do not work. The game needs traffic to be able to both leave and exit from the same neighbor connection (this is why Maxis Aves. and highways do not have problems as the two separate lanes are part of the same neighbor connection).

With the latest release of the RHW mod, there should be special pieces to make neighbor connections. The alternative is to make an avenue or Maxis highway only long enough to connect to the other city into which you run your RHW.

• Original Poster
  • I have placed the connector pieces and they are working. But the problem is, I have built a city only for industrial and harbour purpose. I have connected this industrial city with a RHW to the mayor city where the sims are living. (After much trouble) in the mayor city the RHW's are working, but In the industrial city the RHW was working in just one direction from city to industrial. And at the industrial end of my RHW all the cars were ignoring the RHW entrance. Belongs to the traffic informartion there shout be traffic at the evenings belongs to the green and blue arrows. But after many years they where still ignoring the RHW entrance. So then I build residential in the industrial city and now the RHW is working in both directions. But I don't want residential in the industrial city. And I hate to see a empty 4 lane highway. But the question was must there be residential in the city to let the RHW work in both directions??

• Original Poster
  • So the traffic can exit the city without residential in the city. But I've nothing changed anymore about the RHW. Nothing happend so I've build residential and commercial at the edge of the industrial next to the ramp and at the end of the RHW and after a couple of months they began to exiting the industrial city. But without residential you would think in the morning they go to work and in the evening they going the other way go home. But it seems they stayed at work. Give me such employees 3.gif haha. But I will let the residential stand in the industrial city. It's much better sight to see they using the RHW.