Sign in to follow this  
Ny24

Who has emailed Focus Home Interactive?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

I sent an email to Focus Home Interactive but still have not got a reply from the, I feel let down by the lack of care for fixing the problems with Cities XL. The least they could do now is issue an apology to everyone who has bought the game and has suffered problems. They must have known there were problem by now it has been 2 months since the game was released and still no updates to help people out and no real sense of contact with the company for me at the minute. Please Focus Home Interactive help us all out before Cities XL flops and becomes a game in the hall of shame.

I thought I might copy this: an oficial answer to a similar question from the oficial CXL forums, given by the oficial Focus Home Administrator Vince:

Hello to everyone,

As you certainly know the moderators have gathered the questions you asked and they gave it to us.

Most of the questions concerned the future of Cities XL, a patch and modding.

We are working on those subjects and we want to continue working on Cities XL, please be sure of that. Believe us, guys from marketing, producers, developpers we are still working on the game to improve it the best we can. Either to fix some problems or to optimize gameplay conditions.

For example, We have been working with some modders from the community. To gather information about how they mod and what they would need to feel more comfortable with that on Cities XL 2011.

I know this does not answer your concerns for the moment, and we will answer your question as soon as possible. We just want to give you the best and most accurate info. So be sure that we don't give up Cities XL.

We will give you official answers as soon as possible.

Best,

Vincent

I hope this satisfies to a degree your need for contact with the game developers. I also hope that it will help you quench the fire that makes you write somewhat unbalanced statements....?

It's great that they left a comment, the first one in months, actually. This sounds quite sad, but as CXL is a very good game in my opinion (when used correctly) I will be patient for just some more(..) time.

• Original Poster
  • Yes I know they are trying their best but after waiting now for a reply to an email for over a week now it would be nice just to get some sort of response like we are looking into your problem. I sent the email via here:http://www.focus-home.com/index.php?rub=support and my email says I never sent an email to them so I do not know whether I have sent it or not or whether that link even wroks.

For what it's worth, I do think that they need to tighten up on their tech support - the "no reply" or "wait a week" is becoming a very familiar story.

I've written to Focus to (tactfully) start discussing tech issues with them. We shall see where that goes.

(edit) I can't see that I'll manage to change something so major, but even if there's a route in for us to get lists of the things that actually worked for specific issues, it would help us to compile a better FAQ.