Sign in to follow this  
Ion_Cannon

Transport Problem

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

I've had this problem for a while now, but its never really bothered me before now.

Some of my transit networks seem to be non-functional. These are - Monorail, Elevated Rail and Rail. Subway / everything else, works as it should.

When I say non functional not only is it unusable, but when I track a railway line through a road it becomes impassable.

I have NAM installed, latest version.

Anyone know whats wrong and how I can fix this?

Do you have a left-hand drive version of the game? If so, did you install the left-hand option for NAM? Your symptoms sound like the versions are different. If this is the issue, you can remove the current NAM folder and reinstall, using the matching drive-side option.

Classic mistake, CaptCity? Is there any way to make it more obvious in the installer that you should install this plugin? Perhaps dedicating a page to it rather than it being at the bottom of the options list?

Originally posted by: bigthing

...Is there any way to make it more obvious in the installer that you should install this plugin? Perhaps dedicating a page to it rather than it being at the bottom of the options list?quote>

I believe the left-right option is now the first option in the newer NAM setup, so it should be more noticeable than before when it was last. As for a new page in the installer - I'm not sure how flexible it is. Perhaps a suggestion to the NAM Team...?

I have another transport problem, and since this topic is still hot I'm going to ask it here.

Some of my industry doesnt show any workers when i click it with the query tool to see the transport routes. (the buildings are fine,and when i click it with the info tool it shows it has workers) Most of the time they only show freight, sometimes a few workers and sometimes nothing. So it's not like it's not working at all. I've also seen it for a few commercial buildings.

This problem mainly occurs in my industrial city, which has no homes.

I've also seen it in another city in which the industry is quite far away from the residential areas.

I'm not sure if its influencing my game or if its only a 'aesthetical' issue.

I'm using the latest version of NAM and the industry quadrupler

Any ideas,

Thanks

FuRiuZ.. If I'm understanding your situation, you may just be noticing the way Industrial zones function in the game. I guess you could describe it as being a bit more 'haphazard' than Residential or Commercial. In a given zone of industry, the sections (and buildings) created do not need to have road acces provided one section does. You might look at it as operating as an interconnected 'group' where the group is treated as a 'whole' unit. In this way, it is possible that the workers for the group enter the zone at one entrance, but not all buildings in the group will show a transit route. This can also be seen when the workers enter the zone at one location but freight leaves at another, but the entire zone is being 'serviced.'

Hope that all makes sense. And of course, if I'm totally missing your point, please post again...

Ok, first of all thanks for your reply.

I did notice that the workers only go and leave from some buildings, but should the totals still add up?

transportprob3.jpg

In thisscreenshot (transportprob3) this is the output of this entire block of industry, which is nowhere near the totals from the individual buildings. I was wondering if maybe the transportroutes don't show up anymore when there destination city is one or more city 'maps' away?

Then the other 2 screenshots show commercial buildings, one of which has  no workers and the other 5, while both are looking to have much more workers with the info tool.

transportprob1.jpg

transportprob2.jpg

Enlighten me 4.gif

cheers,

Furi

Originally posted by: FuRiuZ

I did notice that the workers only go and leave from some buildings, but should the totals still add up?

...the output of this entire block of industry, which is nowhere near the totals from the individual buildings...

...commercial buildings, one of which has  no workers and the other 5, while both are looking to have much more workers with the info tool. .quote>

I think these are all describing the same game aspect. If by 'total' you mean the ratio of numbers given for the 'Current Jobs' when using the Query (?) tool on the individual lots, then no, the numbers will not match up.  Current thinking is that the ratio given in the lot query is the number of jobs that the lot could support under the curent conditions compared to the maximum number the lot could support based on the way it was made. To find the actual number of workers per lot, each would have to be queried. Again, industry works a bit different in that the workers are shown for a 'group' rather than each building. All buildings in the group that have workers will have the same.

Originally posted by: FuRiuZ

It doesn't really interfere with gameplay anyway.quote>

No, nothing in your images or descriptions seem to indicate any unusual behavior - just normal operation.