Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RHMgerards

how to keep my city's interesting

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • i've been playing simcity 4 since it came out, and at first i just zoned some are's with only skyscrapers. but since a half year or so iv'e build very realistic city's, but for some reason, i get much more easaly bored with these city's than the simple ones. how can i keep my city's interesting???  cause it's pretty anoying to build a new city every week.

• Original Poster
  • i often look trough city journals, but i don't change building styles, the don't fit in with my ideas. i use the european and houston style because i like to build very modern city's i also often change from climate, then i want a northern climate, then i want a tropical climate, then i want to buil my city in the desert, and then i want to have a temparate climate. it's because of what i see at cj's

Try planning out an entire city before building it. This is what I am doing, on my region. I am slowly working on it, along with other regions, and have a masterplan in photoshop to help determine what I want. It takes alot of time, but since you know what to do in your region exactly, instead of just siting and thinking about what to do, you are always doing something.

parks. that is how you keep it interesting. also, terrain (hills, rivers, valleys, lakes, etc). try getting some of jeronij's (trail park pack, seaonal trees) and Pegs stuff (seasonal trees, canal kit, CDK, pond and stream kit) to decorate your city and build massive gardens and parks for your sims to play in. get the edmonton ploppable water and build rivers and streams above sea level.

you can even download my lots which I like to call plaza gardens, just click on the Urban Beautification Pack link in my sig. shameless promotion>

Building cities in this game is easy, making them interesting is where the fun and challenge is at!

Soldyne is exactly right. Also, try using different terrain mods in different parts of your region. Just remember to have the correct ones loaded

for the area you feel like working in before you load the game.

• Original Poster
  • all of this i'm actualy doing, i mostly plan my cities in details and i build very big realistic parks. but for some reason the city isn't good enough and i want to start another one every week. i trie to do everything in detail, also the region. i'm completely stuck here.