Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

usad25

Help me post a pic

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • I am having some trouble with one of my citys. So I have taking some pics of the problem. But now I have another problem. I can't seem to find out how to post pics in a thread. I know I have seen it on these boards beofore but can't find it now..... Can someone tell me how to make pics show up? Or can you place a link to a thread that does answer my question?

Thanks!

Upload your picture to Imageshack which is here. Choose the "Direct Link" to the image and then put [*IMG] before the link and [*/IMG] after the link, remove the asterisks as I have only posted these to avoid the code disappearing. Post the link in your reply here at Simtropolis with the code mentioned above before and after it and it should work. Alternatively you could just pick the "Direct Link" to the image, click the picture which looks like a mountain and the sun above the Reply box here at Simtropolis and just post the link directly into the URL box which should be there. 

There are some other image hosts similar to Imageshack. imgcity or Photobucket are 2 examples.

Remember to keep images 800x600 pixels or less. 2.gif

• Original Poster
  • Well I tryed it at image shack and it said it was too big. Is it because I changed it to a message board pic and not a web one?

For Imageshack, your picture size should be no more than 1024KB. Try resizing the picture as a JPEG one. That should reduce the size of the picture. Then there should be no problems.

• Original Poster
  • I tryed it. I resized them all to small and then used imageshack and too the link for a forum and put the [*IMG] before and [*/IMG] after. This came up:

Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Application server is busy. Either there are too many concurrent requests or the server still is starting up.

26.gif WHAT AM I DOING WRONG! Why does this have to be so confusing?!?!?!?

the simtropolis sever's been a little unstable lately.

to post a pick, click the Reply TEXT below the post, not the Reply BUTTON below the text-box. this will pop open a new window with a toolbar and a text-box. the toolbar has an Insert Picture button that will walk you through the steps.