Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2ch.net simplayer

Commercial Aircraft Carrier - floating functional airport?

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Is it possible to turn this commercial aircraft carrier into a functioning airport?

znpscjCACoutnite.jpg
    (http://www.yuhisa.com/cgi/c-board/file/Suzaku.zip)

In previous attempts, it was found that as it is completely off coast, it wouldn't have a road connection.
    Becuase it doesn't have a road connection, it can't serve as a functioning airport.
    But modding can change things. -  A mod that keeps an airport alive without road connections - Is it possible?

You should use the same method as you did with inland buildings. And, you can also make it semi-land and water, too.

The possibilities are endless, although I haven't got my laptop to show you how: it is not online. Sorry!

The requierment that airports need a road connection is hardcoded, just like the way residential zones need a road connection, commercial & industry however can grow on ped-mal-tiles.

But one could mod a 1x1, or a ferryport to function as an Airport, it would have the same effect, but you wouldnt really need to have an airport then, but one would place the airport and pretend ships went out to it and left the passengers of to their flights when they in reality "flew" from the ferryport.

^^^awesome idea...

except instead a ferryport i can visualize a floating pontoon maglev line. the trains would obvioulsy have to be eye candy of course...

I have not tried it with an airport, but in many lots you can remove the requirement for a road connection by removing all the jobs the lot provides.

A water lot that wants a road connection can often be satisfied by plopping a Ped Mall puzzle piece in the water next to it.  (This puzzle piece is in the NAM)   Usually the puzzle piece is hidden under the water.

I have not been able to connect a bridge to a water lot, and I am not sure that it is possible.  As Wraith101 and xiziz suggest, you could try making it into a ferry terminal.   Another possibility is to make it into a subway station.

I don't know if it's what you wanted, but could you build it as a DOCKED carrier, while enabling it to be an airport that sits on partial land (the pier/ dock) and partial water (the actual carrier)? you could even have transit enabled parking garages. If you're looking for something to sit out on the open water, then i don't know. I guess the subway idea or ferry idea would work. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by: 2ch.net simplayer Well... I am a BATer, but not MODer. Anyway, it seems possible? But I have no idea how to.quote>

Wow dude, nice job!

Think you can model Kansai airport for us? 2.gif  I partially worked on the RJBB/Kansai ATCT (no textures, etc) if you want that..

Originally posted by: blahdy
    Originally posted by: 2ch.net simplayer Well... I am a BATer, but not MODer. Anyway, it seems possible? But I have no idea how to.quote>

Wow dude, nice job!

Think you can model Kansai airport for us? 2.gif  I partially worked on the RJBB/Kansai ATCT (no textures, etc) if you want that..quote>

Thats that sweet ACTC, id love to try texturing it, since its one of the cooles ATCT's ive ever seen ^^