Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cowkilla

unfortunate event

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • so i was trying to install simcity on the faster of my two computers and the install keeps failing saying there is a corrupted file. my question is, since i have a legal version on the game, what do you think my chances of getting a replacement cd from ea, unlikly but im just wondering

Fixed spelling in title.  NOB

About 1:100.  What is wrong with the disk?  Is it scratched or dirty?  Can you clean or repair it.  Use a soft cloth and clean from the center to the edge gently.

If it is scratched, then unless the scratch goes all the way through the plastic you can very gently remove the scratch by polishing the disk with a really gentle abrasive like Brasso.

• Original Poster
  • it is scratched... but many if not all the scratches are cosmetic. i have worse cds that work fine. im thinking about getting a skip doctor and giving that a shot but have not had any experience with those

Well, if that doesn't work, try a very little brass polish.  If you ever get to the metal substrate the disk is wrecked.  (The actual data is on the foil).  The problem with the scratches is that they deflect the beam just enough.

actually, if you send your damaged disk and a few bucks (dont remember the exact ammount), you can get a replacement disk. you can get further details at the official site (http://simcity.ea.com/). i know this works, because i myself have gotten a replacement this way. Sorry, i cant remember which part of the site it is actually on, maybe it said in the deluxe eddition manual, but im sure it will work.

Old MAXIS used to have.. dunno now they are EA .. a policy of replacing ANY of their CD's with a NEW CD for a flat $10. You had to send your CD in and they replaced it.. You'd have to e-mail EA customer service to determine if they still do this I suppose.. They actually DO answer their email.. tho not always with the answer you wanted.. 4.gif