Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaploosh

Inland Bridges

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • How do I build bridges inland by dragging roads over deep trenches? Or alternatively, what is the depth needed to create a bridge?

I tried all sorts of ways including digging crazily deep holes in the ground and I still cannot get it. I'm so fustrated.32.gif Grrr.

In my experience, to take a bridge from one side of a valley to the other (inland no river below), the sides of the valley, gorge, canyon, need to be quite steep, in fact vertical is best. If there is a slope down into the valley, the game will take the road down one side and up the other without putting in a bridge.

There is a bridge height mod available on the STEX which does away with the horrible ramps that the game insists on putting in, and it also allows a smoother raising of the height.

When making any bridge, start drawing the road from about 5 tiles behind the cliff, and end about 3 tiles on from when the bridge appears.

Finally, the land level either side of the bridge needs to be around the same height, but with some careful terraforming, and perhaps use of one of my tunnelling mods, its possible to take a bridge into a cliff face, and straight into a tunnel.

Hope this gives you a few pointers 44.gif

I've actually never tried this before in SC4. I'm guessing you can't place anything (trees, streets, etc) under an inland bridge, right?

no, wrong. there's quite a few lots out there that have overhanging props which create the illusion that they're under the inland bridge. and if i remember correctly, it was possible to place Jeronij's Ploppable Water under bridges.

The way I read his post, he is asking if he can place anything under the bridges under normal circumstances. Hence, the answer is no. As prince_of_sims stated, there are a few lots out there that make it look like there is something under the bridge, but they don't actually allow you to build anything that you choose under it.