Revelstoke

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Revelstoke takes on a new concept in urban living - a complete community unto itself. Once fully developed, Revelstoke will be a city within a city - a community that will offer the perfect...

Entries in this City Journal

rusty_777

I regret to inform everyone that is reading this that Revelstoke has been affected by Prop Pox.  Basically there is no way to fix this issue once it has happened.  I will have to create another city eventually.  Until then I am sorry but this journal (although new) is closed.

Let this be a warning to everyone that you should back-up your city after every save (weekly sometimes isn't enough).

For detailed information visit: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1201.msg46116#msg46116 

RevelstokeLogo3.jpg

Cheers.

rusty_777

Harbour Landing

Welcome back everyone and thanks for all of your comments.  Please note that I will devote an update for comments that have specific questions, comments, or concerns.

With this update I have been refining some of Revelstoke's main arteries.  Even though it is not featured in this update via pictures, you can see some upgrades in the region view (last image for those who don't care).  The highway that runs from east to west through the city is called the Crowsnest Highway and I am upgrading it to a dual RHW and those interchanges are far from simple (especially when using a Slope Mod).  If you look closely, you can also see some development west of the city (across the river) including a major stadium, and beyond the city limits a small, commuter town that will facilitate some of the farming communities expected to eventually populate the city.

I apologize for the week of no updates but I have some texture problems in the city.  To be courteous I did not want to feature them in this update as it is not a forum, but if anyone has any help that they are willing to offer please PM me and I can offer you some shots.  I am sure it is just an incompatible plugin but that's what I get for downloading dependencies; ironic eh?

Well without further adjure I present you with Revelstoke's newest suburb: Harbour Landing (named just for the Regina viewers).  Comments are appreciated!

RevelstokeLogo3.jpg

190.jpg

1911.jpg

1922.jpg

193.jpg

194.jpg

195.jpg

Thanks for the views and please comment!

Cheers.

rusty_777

Welcome back and hello to those who are seeing my journal for the first time.  I would like to take the time to thank you all for your comments.  For this update entry I would like to show you another mosaic.

This mosaic is basically in what is now known as south Revelstoke.  As Revelstoke grows towards the International Airport it will be just some subdivisions.  For the  group of photos here I tried to do a night to day transition (as you scroll down you will eventually see).  In the coming days I will have some updates with actual individual photos but I thought this would tie everyone over for the time being.

Again, thanks to everyone for viewing this Journal and, like always, please comment.

RevelstokeLogo3.jpg

19-1.jpg

19-2.jpg

19-3.jpg

19-4.jpg

19-5.jpg

19-6.jpg

19-7.jpg

19-8.jpg

Thanks for visiting Revelstoke.  Remember, comments are appreciated.

Cheers.

rusty_777

Parkside Mosaic

Welcome to the continuation of Revelstoke.  My name is Riley Riffel and I will be doing my best to present this fictional city based on some inspiration from existing Canadian cities.  This is a continuation from an existing City Journal in the older section so please refer to previous updates if you do have any questions. 

However, I am available to be reached via E-mail or PM.  My E-mail is riffelr@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to answer any questions.  Of course all comments (positive that is) are welcome on here to let me know what you think of my work.

Well for now I will leave you all with Revelstoke!

RevelstokeLogo3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

This is just some of the work I have been working with.  Please let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections