• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

random stuff unrelated to Karasem or Nakahara

Entries in this City Journal

Namiko

Replies:

Mymyjp, Ln X, MilitantRadical, jmsepe, tankmank: Thanks all!!

+--------------------------------------------------------+

Note: this setting takes place in alternate universe...

e1nar.jpg

Town of Brookville

June 1997, an unknown outbreak hit the Brookville town somewhere in a midwest state in Nuevo Rico, thousand of lives hit by it. This outbreak involve an unknown fungi later known as a species of mutant cordyceps causing the infected host to become hyper-aggressive and later even started to attack each other. By a week this outbreak infected the whole state and causes more than 2 million people infected and leaves only few survivor.

e1kDt.jpg

The survivor of the outbreak must reach out from the state without being bitten by the infected...

August 1997, the outbreak successfully controlled by isolating the whole state and forbids anyone in or out from the state which causes many controversies. eventhough so, by continuing isolating the whole state, the infection case totally reduced but there're some quarantines due to the suspects of infection this leads to the scientist to work hardly in order to make vaccines and medicine.

e1oN5.jpg

Maureen Summer, one of the member of research team

June 1998, A team of research getting into the infected state in order to gain the sample for the vaccines. in the end, they lost half of their team but they able to create vaccines. Though they found the fact that there are group of people inside the state which survive by making martial law inside which is actually hostile toward anyone come into their territory even those people uninfected.

April 2001, Proposal made to nuke the infected state in order to eliminate the future threat but this proposal instantly rejected by anyone due to the fact of some survivor still living inside.

September 2008 - February 2009, A military operation acted as an attempt made in order to retrieve the survivor to get out from the infected state though this operation fully failed with only very few people made it out alive. They also find out that the infection mutated once again and the vaccines for somehow only half successful this time. Unfortunately in one of their utility, there is a spore contain this parasitic fungus bringing the spore out from the state. The spore later infected a whole flight full of passenger from Matriks city airspace in Nuevo Rico toward Shikotsu island (死骨島) an archipelago islands north of Nakahara which home toward 3.8 millions people causing a new outbreak which can't be handled with the earlier vaccine.

e1ihJ.jpg

Shikotsu City, the largest city of the island in April 2009, as the survivor try to remain uninfected by this outbreak. The city now is REALLY DEAD full with undead with only some survivor. The city continue to suffer and continue to lost it life atmosphere.

April 2009, the whole island now infected by this infection which lead local government to fully isolate the island and not allow anyone to enter and exit from the island.

+---------------------------------------------------+

Author note: I don't know if I would make this into a series but I might make another update relate to this one. But actually I've plot the entire series of these chronologies since 2013 and make it into a series of stories

Trivia:

- Shikotsu (死骨) means: Dead bone

- Story heavily influenced by The Last of Us

Namiko

Replies:

Teiko-Okaiken-Nakahara-raq: Thanks!

slickbg56: Thanks!

Ln X: Thanks! I might just keep it instead of demolish it then....

NielsC007: Thanks!

Mymyjp: (1)Thank you very much!

:) well you can see how I make this city is pretty similar like how I make other one with east asian theme though... (2) Thanks!

v701: Thanks!

Paulobergonci: Thanks! me too btw....

feyss: Thanks! I try to blend the existing rail there with the development of surrounding...

JessiLaurn: (1) I've give the link... (2) you're welcome

:)

edit: i there's another replies when I post this

JP Schriefer: Thanks!

+------------------------------------------------------------+

So, first before I show the town Mizushiro, I will show the overview of whole tile here (click for full size):

full_submission1.jpg

Welcome to the former town of Mizushiro (now is part of Higashi-Shiromoto City). Mizushiro has population about 41k prior to its merge with Higashi-Shiromoto. City centre located within this picture below:

mizushiro_center.jpg

Closeup of Mizushiro Station where it serve the Mizushiro line from Mizushiro toward Shiromoto....

mizushiro_eki.jpg

West from the station. the big road is Nakama National route 14 which serves from Matsukawa toward Suzukake

mizushiro_central_east.jpg

Southeast part of Mizushiro mostly consist of residential area....

mizushiro_southeast.jpg

Same case with southern Mizushiro. There's a Shiromoto Prefectural Route 5 which connect Mizushiro with Higashi-Shiromoto central

mizushiro_south.jpg

North of the town... the main road is National Route 14 heading toward Matsukawa:

mizushiro_north_1.jpg

There is a Mizushiro Bypass which bypassing the city toward south of the city... it also served as Nakama National Route 14

mizushiro_north_2.jpg

Part of Mizushiro Bypass intersecting with Nakama National Route 403.

bypass_mizushiro.jpg

Mizushiro Higashi IC gives access from Suzukake-Nami Expressway to the Mizushiro Bypass

mizushiro_higashi_ic.jpg

Toward north again, there is Kita-Mizushiro IC gives access of Mashiro Expressway to the National Route 14. It also gives the limit border of former town but as the town merged with Higashi-Shiromoto, it still part of Higashi Shiromoto now

kita-mizushiro_ic.jpg

From northern part of Mizushiro, there's several suburban area

mizushiro_northrern_subruban.jpg

mizushiro_north_3.jpg

Ukawa Station located in the north end of the town which also the only station of Nanbu line in Mizushiro

ukawa_eki.jpg

Meanwhile outside the town there're several area like these:

Tanosawa Town in the north of the city:

tanosawa_1.jpg

Fukukuro Town (which also part of Higashi-Shiromoto), there is Fukukuro Station which serves Ashiyama Line

fukukuro_station.jpg

Mizushiro known as the hub of expressway since it's the location of several expressway junction:

Mizushiro JCT which intersect Suzukake-Nami Expressway with Matsushiro Expressway:

mizushiro_jct.jpg

And Kita-Mizushiro JCT which intersect Matsushiro Expressway with Mashiro Expressway:

kita-mizushiro_jct.jpg

Thats all for this area hope everyone enjoyed it..

:whatevs:

Namiko

Replies:

TekindusT: Thanks!

:D

MilitantRadical: Thanks!

:D

Ln X: Indeed, I need to use less land as possible to keep it in my theme (east asian)...

slickbg56: Thanks!

Huston: Thanks!

KonstantinII: Thanks!

Mymyjp: Thanks!

Haljackey: Well, maybe for later work, I need to zoom out before showing.

jmsepe: Thanks!

Senpai: might even just remove the southbound highway because I see it as an overkill

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

(song start at 3:16)

Araoka (荒岡市, Araoka-shi) is a city in Shiromoto Prefecture, Nakama with population 43k. it formed in 2004 by the merge of Araoka Town (荒岡町), Tsunonome Town (東雲町) and Sakaori Town (酒折町) all from Higashi-Shiromoto District.

araoka_overview.jpg

Overview of Western part of Araoka City.

Araoka located in the valley within the Shiromoto-Tama Mountain Range in eastern Shiromoto Prefecture. It has flat plateau land in the west part of city and mountainous area in most of east part of cities. The city located about 17km east of Shiromoto, and as a part of its metropolitan area definition which is 8th largest in Nakama.

tsukumo-cho.jpg

Area nearby Tsukumo station which is the terminus of Ashiyama line (Serve Ashiyama-Araoka) and a stop for Nanbu Main line (which serve Suzukake toward Matsukawa). There's some minor shops in this area.

tsukumo-cho_higashi.jpg

Residential area. Some of the citizens here are commute toward the main city Shiromoto

tsukumo-cho_kita.jpg

North of Tsukumo Station

tsukumo-eki.jpg

Close up of station and its surrounding

mashiro_jidoshado_1.jpg

Mashiro Expressway (魔白自動車道) (I called this Araoka Expressway beforehand) a 128km long expressway connect Shiromoto with Matsuriya in east coast of Nakama.

araoka-eki2.jpg

Train arrived at Araoka Station, which part of Ashiyama line.

araoka-eki.jpg

araoka-cho_1.jpg

Area nearby Araoka Station is a center of former Araoka town.

araoka-cho_2.jpg

Nakama National Route 403 which connect Shiromoto with Matsuriya runs in the middle of Araoka Town centre

araoka_city_office.jpg

North part of the town which host the Araoka City Office (formerly Araoka Town Office)

araokakita-cho_2.jpg

araokakita-cho_1.jpg

Another shots around Araoka town area.

shinuonome-cho2.jpg

Southeast of former Araoka town lies former Shinuonome Town which also absorbed into Araoka in 2005. here is Shinuonome Station

shinuonome-cho_kita.jpg

Another shot from Shinuonome area.

shinuonome-cho.jpg

Shinuonome Station.

Namiko

Well so, I decide to put the monthly challenge stuff as a side project since I really try to grow the city there...

note that I add new line of rail not move the original one....

Higashi-Shiromoto (東城本市), a city in Shiromoto Prefecture with population about 76k also suburban area of Shiromoto City.

Intersection of Shin-Araoka Expressway with Shiromoto-Saikai Expressway in the eastern part of city:

higashi-shiromoto_tsr_2.jpg

Mizushiro Bypass, a bypass in the eastern part the city goes through the rice fields

higashi-shiromoto_tsr_3.jpg

One area in the eastern part of city centre, This area used to be part of Mizushiro town before absorbed into Higashi-Shiromoto city in 2006

higashi-shiromoto_tsr_1.jpg

edit: this picture could help people recnogize the tile: http://puu.sh/dmnap.jpg

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections