Kingston

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Presentation of Kingston, a country with rich history and culture.

Entries in this City Journal

gil_alves

Kingston Metro Area

33410861.jpg

Kingston Metro Area

Hello everybody!

I thank everyone who followed the posts of Kingston in 2013 and ask them to continue in 2014 following now because we returned!

Today I put a picture of the transport map for you to see the growth of Kingston. Have we reached 3,242,907 inhabitants! We will continue to grow because it has a lot to finish.

Click on image to enlarge

22kq.jpg

Thank you all and until next post!

gil_alves

33410861.jpg

Replies:

Fox: Thank you! Really the campus offers comfort for students. And the map is to facilitate the tour.

feeroz123: I'm learning that with you! Thank you!

Jesus_Wept: Do not forget the parties on campus! :D Keep watching!

Child's Cultural Station

Child's Cultural Station (CCS) is a set with an auditorium, showrooms, meeting rooms interactive gaming, digital library and spacious outdoor patios designed especially for children. All preschools Kingston put on the calendar the annual visit to CCS and children eagerly await the day tour. "Children learn by having fun and ensure a prosperous future for Kingston!" the king said at the inauguration of CSS.

v3mt.jpg

b1e7.jpg

0nwx.jpg

CCS started in the exhibition "Dinosaurs" and the kids are already at the entrance giant replicas of some extinct species. Expectation of ever seeing!

gjgr.jpg

Until the next post!

gil_alves

Kingston University

33410861.jpg

Replies:

SimCoug, Huston: Thank you for the comments. Please keep watching and soon I'll do a poll!

Kingston University

Kingston is among the nations with high quality education and the government has always encouraged and invested in this sector. Among the various institutions in the country, deserves to Kingston University. Located in the northeast of City of Kingston, the campus is accessible from the highway CK5 and groups the academic buildings and recreation areas. Here are trained professionals in various fields such as medicine, literature, mathematics and physics. An exchange program attract students from many countries in Europe, Americas and Asia. Kingston University is among the top 100 universities in the world.

Overview

cblq.jpg

Campus Map

jicj.jpg

Main entrance and parking

gm9t.jpg

Graduate School of Education, School of Literature

m34l.jpg

Administration Building

sr0o.jpg

Law School, School of Government, Business School, Institute for Advanced Study

qc4v.jpg

Divinity School

sspb.jpg

School of Arts & Sciences, Graduate School of Design, School of Marketing & Communication, Maths School

3mll.jpg

School of Engineering & Applied Sciences, Auditorium

r9ax.jpg

Medical School

nsyq.jpg

Brenton Stadium

v8fc.jpg

Sports Center, Apartments Students

dzcl.jpg

Thanks for visiting and until next post!

gil_alves

Municipal Airport

33410861.jpg

Replies:

Schulmanator, dubaidude303, feeroz123: I'm glad you liked the pictures! Thank you!

Municipal Airport

Apart from the international airport, City of Kingston has a municipal airport. Situated in the northwest of the city, with access from Highway CK6, the airport receives short trips with small aircraft. Most flights are private travel entrepreneurs but also with companies operate regional flights. The runway of the airport also serves as a support for fire, police and club racers.

fjg5.jpg

8t4p.jpg

k9fl.jpg

ovbx.jpg

om2x.jpg

gil_alves

33410861.jpg

Replies:

scott1964, raynev1, Huston: I'm glad you liked the pictures! In the future I'll show more industries in Kingston.

Second National Sport: Baseball

We know that the main national sport in Kingston is Soccer. But there are also other sport that attracts many people: Baseball. And the greatest baseball team is the "Strongers"!

And like any great team deserves a stadium, Strongers built his stadium next to Orange Park, on the east side of the City of Kingston. To facilitate access, the team joined with the government and built a train station inside the stadium.

Symbol Time

6uxu.jpg

Overview

7y6z.jpg

yoyq.jpg

gil_alves

Industries

33410861.jpg

Replies:

zahrul3: I appreciate your comment! I enjoy developing cities in SimCity and seek to make as realistic as possible. Keep watching!

Industries

Many industries in various sectors are established in Kingston. The industries are almost 30% of the country's economy and employs many people. See some of these companies.

rbck.jpg

ikzm.jpg

7np7.jpg

xqcw.jpg

yt2p.jpg

hg7l.jpg

gil_alves

Port of Kingston

33410861.jpg

Port of Kingston

One of the bases of the growth of Kingston, the port grew south of downtown City of Kingston and extends to the Kingston Bridge. With nearly 100 years, the so-called old port is no longer the leading country but still very busy. In its surroundings, some companies have their warehouses. The K1 highway and railway lines to facilitate entry and exit loads. The Port Authority of Kingston manages all operations.

sj3z.jpg

9yvt.jpg

0s62.jpg

dvt8.jpg

9lrp.jpg

5kae.jpg

6oja.jpg

8olq.jpg

o81q.jpg

xizz.jpg

m6tx.jpg

0lkw.jpg

gil_alves

33410861.jpg

Kingston Convention Center

Kingston has large companies and also has regional headquarters of several multinational European, American and Asian. To facilitate trade, the government built the Kingston Convention Center.

Located in City of Kingston between Downtown and International Airport, the convention center visitors can use the CK3 Highway and High Speed ​​Rail. The main building receives large conferences and business meetings. Hotels, corporate headquarters and the Royal School of Business are near the convention center. Were also built four pavilions for exhibitions of various sectors of industry and commerce. Billions of dollars are generated each year in business in Kingston Convencion Center.

zhoz.jpg

6iau.jpg

uskf.jpg

k3gx.jpg

ndl7.jpg

794z.jpg

Keep watching. See you soon!

gil_alves

National Sport

33410861.jpg

Replies:

Schulmanator: Kingston entrepreneurs has no limits! Keep watching!

Mother of Invention: Thank you! It is practically the city of shopping! You need several days to visit all the shops!

National Sport

The citizens of Kingston are passionate about two sports: Soccer and Baseball. But the main sport is even Soccer, it no doubt! The country closes to watch the end of the Soccer Championship.

The first team was the Villeneuve district of the same name north of the City of Kingston, where he built the first stadium. With 58% of the population cheering for the team, it was necessary to build a bigger stadium and more modern and it became one of the attractions of the country. Currently the first stadium functions as training and support for smaller events. On game day, fans can go by car or train. Villeneuve's mascot is the wolf.

Symbol Time

ekl0.jpg

Overview

hpzl.jpg

Main stadium with the first stadium in the background.

pi7y.jpg

gil_alves

Kingston Mega Mall

33410861.jpg

Replies:

zahrul3: Thank you for your comment! I'm glad you enjoyed it and have independent reviews, I love creating cities in Sim City, this fantastic game, and I will continue presenting Kingston for those who enjoy!

Kingston Mega Mall

With the growth and expansion of Kingston City of Kingston to the east, 10 years ago the region near the international airport still had many unoccupied land. A group of investors acquired a large area on the right side of Highway CK5 and it was built the Kingston Mega Mall, the largest shopping complex in the country. The complex has three main buildings and other unique buildings for major brands around.

The location is favored mainly by easy access to downtown and the airport. Moreover, the train line next to the complex facilitates the transport of products coming from the port and neighboring countries. Kingston Mega Mall attracted large suppliers who settled in the surroundings as garment factories and warehouses deposit and generated thousands of jobs.

Overview

srgm.jpg

Main access to the complex and parking

5ajw.jpg

gil_alves

Kingston Medical Center

33410861.jpg

Kingston Medical Center

Hi to everyone!

In this post we know the Kingston Medical Center. Near the center of City of Kingston, the government built a complex of hospitals to serve the population in various medical specialties. The complex is also close to the subway, the highway CK4 and bus lines. Kingston has health services of high quality to its inhabitants.

Click to enlarge

Overview

zvoj.jpg

Explore every part of the complex:

Hospital Clinic

aaot.jpg

Cancer Hospital

duvs.jpg

Chidren's Hospital

gjut.jpg

Heart Hospital

nsxb.jpg

Psychiatry and Mental Health

4uks.jpg

Animal Medical Center

xwlb.jpg

University Hospital

smzo.jpg

Central Laboratory

oacg.jpg

gil_alves

Kingston: Highways Map

33410861.jpg

Kingston: Highways Map

Hi to everyone!

In this post we'll know the whole Kingston's Highways System. The highways are managed by KTA - Kingston Transportation Authority and covers the entire region and facilitates access between neighborhoods and cities of the country: City of Kingston and Côte Blanche. Learn more about the map using the legend.

ktar.jpg

Click to enlarge

nb39.jpg

gil_alves

Aerial View

33410861.jpg

Replies:

pingpong: The architects of Kingston thank your comment!

SylvioJorge: A cidade que se tornar uma das mais verdes do mundo! Obrigado pelo comentário. The city that has become one of the greenest in the world! Thanks for the comment.

Raynev1: I'm glad you like Kingston!

cityguru: In fact, this Kingston is far from Jamaica, in Europe, but is as beautiful as the real! Keep watching!

Aerial View

While I'm finishing a new attraction Kingston, know how the downtown area and the surroundings. The City of Kingston is expanding to all sides, especially to the east and south. There are still many things to finish in the region but they have almost 3 million inhabitants!

k2zq.jpg

Please continue watching. Until the next post!

gil_alves

Official Residences

33410861.jpg

Replies:

raynev1, Sylvio Jorge, Schulmanator, Jose Bernie, SimCoug: Thank you for the comments! Keep watching!

Official Residences

Near the National Park, are located the official residences of the King and the Prime Minister. The region was a large farm and was chosen to build the Orange Palace in the 19th century, the same name of the old farm and the lake that is near. It is one of the nicest and exclusive residential neighborhoods of the City of Kingston.

gibj.jpg

Orange Palace

fwaw.jpg

Orange Palace and Royal Gardens

9kpe.jpg

Royal Chapel

0rd6.jpg

Prime Minister Residence

rstm.jpg

gil_alves

National Park

33410861.jpg

National Park!

Hi to everyone! Let us know the National Park which is east of downtown City of Kingston. This park is special because here is the National Mall with the government buildings in the country.

zs69.jpg

Let's meet each building and monument:

Kingston Congress

ueo7.jpg

Prime Minister's Office

j2f9.jpg

The Royal Mint

0h39.jpg

Jefferson Olsen Statue, founder of City of Kingston

x9d9.jpg

Independence Monument

jwmi.jpg

The Lake Orléans is also part of the park that has many leisure options. One option is to climb the observatory Kingston TV Tower, the first television antenna built in the country. The view is spectacular!

kxrw.jpg

gil_alves

33410861.jpg

Kingston is coming back!

Hi to everyone! Unfortunately I had to pause the City Journal but now I'm getting time to go back. Until the next post, see a scene from a summer weekend in Kingston!

Thanks for visiting!

westlakes1.jpg

gil_alves

33410861.jpg

City of Kingston: Downtown - Part 3

Hi to all who are watching Kingston. In this last part, we will see some more major attractions of Downtown:

map7f.jpg

1 - National Library: A classic building that holds literary works of great writers as well as national and international historical documents as the country's first constitution in Kingston.

97659159.jpg

2 - Kingston Stock Exchange: Here large fortunes were created. Sells shares of the largest companies in Kingston and other countries.

42604548.jpg

3 - Royal Theatre: Great actors and dancers from around the world were on stage at Centennial Theatre. Currently on display is the famous musical Cats.

70222100.jpg

4 - National Center for the Performing Arts: Headquarters of the Royal Philharmonic and Royal Ballet of Kingston. A must see for art lovers.

62106835.jpg

5 - Kingston Cruise Terminal: Route of great cruises, Kingston has a modern terminal that offers all the services and comforts expected from a world-class cruise facility.

54270970.jpg

44730712.jpg

6 - City of Kingston Heliport: Many executives use the heliport daily. A great option is the helicopter ride around town with Kingston Tours.

92313085.jpg

And finally some pictures of Downtown.

48856433.jpg

10369674.jpg

22228088.jpg

Please comment on what they are finding in Kingston! It's always nice to hear from you! See you soon!

gil_alves

33410861.jpg

Replies

@atsummerlin53, Fox: Thank you! It's always cool to use maps to better understand the regions.

City of Kingston: Downtown - Part 2

In part 1 you met the first attractions of Downtown. Now we'll see some more sights. (follow the map number):

map6y.jpg

1 - People's Palace and Park: It is the seat of the House of Commons. The representatives of the people propose laws and discuss social projects for the welfare and growth of Kingston.

96062713.jpg

2 - City Hall: Since 1998, the mayor's office and some departments of the city are in this building. The complex includes the auditorium of the city council chambers.

41324341.jpg

3 - Kingston Central Station: The main railway station of the country. Transports passengers to the six lines of metropolitan train system and for cities in other countries.

24947964.jpg

4 - KBS - Kingston Broadcasting System: Headquarters of the largest commercial television and radio broadcasting network in the country.

25497090.jpg

5 - Orleans Museum: Located in the building constructed for the central station, the museum displays paintings and art objects collected by the royal family Orleans.

85163993.jpg

6 - Kingston Postal Service: The building centralizes the distribution of letters and express deliveries made ​​by the state enterprise for the whole country.

83799483.jpg

Another mosaic of Downtown for you to know.

42979316.jpg

I hope you enjoy!

gil_alves

33410861.jpg

Replies

@10000000000000: Thanks! Sorry my english but I do not understand your question.

@Fox, Forthwall, Hazani Pratama, Kentleprix: I'm glad you liked it!

Kingston: Railroad Maps

Before proceeding knowing City of Kingston, we know the system of railroads in the country. The railways has two uses: they serve to transport cargo from ports to cities and other countries and are used for passenger transport in the metropolitan region and to France and Spain. The company KTA - Kingston Transportation Authority is responsible for the operation and maintenance of railways. Fifty percent of the company belongs to the Government and fifty percent owned by a private group of national and international investors.

ktar.jpg

In the first map are all extensions and connections of the train lines. It also indicates the destination of each train line.

map4y.jpg

In the second map are six lines of metropolitan train system. More than 1 million people are transported daily.

map5m.jpg

See you soon with more Kingston!

gil_alves

33410861.jpg

Replies

@atsummerlin53, Fox: Thank you!

City of Kingston: Downtown - Part 1

This is the area where the English village was founded and which later became the City of Kingston. Today is the country's leading financial center with historical and modern buildings with large movement of people and businesses. Let's meet some attractions (follow the map number):

map3u.jpg

1 - Museum of the Nation: First government building and the governor's house. Today the building guard objects and documents of the first inhabitants of Kingston.

39575095.jpg

2 - Chamber of Commerce: This building was City Hall from 1889 until 1998. Here also immigrants received their citizenship in the 19th century. It is currently the headquarters of the Kingston Chamber of Commerce.

86244379.jpg

3 - St. George's Cathedral: Completed in 1912, is a must-see attraction to visit in Kingston.

64157296.jpg

4 - Kingston-Toyota Center: It is an indoor arena which hosts basketball games and concerts of great artists.

82337523.jpg

5 - Downtown-Airport High Speed ​​Terminal: express line to the Kingston International Airport with large daily movement. Easy access to hotels and attractions in the region.

57320407.jpg

A mosaic with the old harbour and the skyscrapers of Downtown.

59040674.jpg

I hope you enjoy and stay tuned for more images of Downtown!

gil_alves

33410861.jpg

Replies

@clarkjordan12345, ggamgus, Fox: I appreciate the comments and keep watching!

Kingston: Maps physical and administratives

What I think the coolest Sim City is the option to create a layout region and cities fully customized. In today's post I present the physical map with the islands, rivers and lakes existing in Kingston. Furthermore, I present the administrative division of the two cities that make up the country. These maps will help you locate themselves in Kingston while I finalize the final map with streets and points of interest. Hope you enjoy!

map1bf.jpg

map2iq.jpg

gil_alves

33410861.jpg

Replies

@SylvioJorge: Thank you! Brazilians participating in Simtropolis!

@Forthwall, RepublicMaster, Fox: Thanks and keep watching!

@clarkjordan12345: Thanks for the feedback! Now I added more planes on taxiways and runways. The airport is more alive!

@10000000000000:Thanks! I love 747s! :D

@Schulmanator: Thank you! I like the graphics because it facilitates the presentation.

Kingston International Airport: More Images

Here's some more pictures of the details of the airport on a typical day.

After arriving in Kingston, we will know in the next post the City of Kingston and its attractions!

13473015.jpg

98371970.jpg

29059618.jpg

36298540.jpg

75726750.jpg

47697684.jpg

gil_alves

33410861.jpg

Kingston International Airport

Kingston has three airports to meet the demand of visitors for business, education and tourism.

The largest and most important is the Kingston International Airport. In 2012 there were over 28 million people used the airport in more than 150 000 aircraft. The airport has three runways and also cargo terminal to meet all the demand. Located in west Kingston, the airport is easily accessible both by road as the Airport Express, a high speed rail directly to downtown.

28598586.jpg

Aerial view of airport

60172597.jpg

Terminals

78759313.jpg

16967669.jpg

60736153.jpg

15514946.jpg

47987347.jpg

88393578.jpg

48755322.jpg

42253293.jpg

Hope you enjoy and See You Next Time!

gil_alves

History of Kingston

History of Kingston

Let us know the history of this country and its current data:

With the end of the reign of Napoleon Bonaparte in 1815, after the Battle of Waterloo, England resumed its relations with France. In the following years, trade between these two countries has strengthened and the English were allowed to control a warehouse in the small town of Côte Blanche, on the southern coast of France. In this period, Britain expanded trade with Portugal, allied since the time of Napoleon, and consequently their colony in America. The English ships that came from Brazil in Côte Blanche anchored to unload the products that were sold throughout the south of France without passing through Spanish territory.

With the independence of Brazil, Britain maintained diplomatic relations and trade became more profitable without the intermediary of Portugal. In 1826 Dom João VI died, King of Portugal and the crown was disputed by Dom Pedro I, Emperor of Brazil, and his younger brother Dom Miguel.

In 1834, Britain and France allied with Pedro I decided to end the reign of Dom Miguel and made a military intervention that defeated the Portuguese army.

Com a vitória de Dom Pedro I, a presença de portugueses e brasileiros aumentaram na cidade de Côte Blanche e na vila formada pelos ingleses na baía mais acima.

In the nineteenth century, Britain ruled the seas with the great fleet of ships and Cote Blanche became an important port for British trade route between South America and southern Europe. Convinced by the English Jefferson Olsen, France signed in 1856 with the British treaty of Bordeaux in which England and Brazil had 50% of the area of the port and the region within the limits of 28 kilometers from north to south and 32 kilometers from east to west. In the following decades the village grew and was renamed the City of Kingston.

With the end of the monarchy in 1889 in Brazil, Dom Pedro II and his family were exiled in France. With the death of the emperor, his daughter, Princess Isabel, settled in Kingston where he held the title of governor. After World War II, Europe has reorganized its limits and the cities of Kingston and Cote Blanche definivamente passed into the realm of England.

With more than 400 000 inhabitants in 1958 the two cities held a plebiscite to become independent and so was born Kingston. As the treaty Bordeaux guarantee the administration of cities by the English crown in conjunction with the Brazilian royal family, was organized one second referendum to decide if Kingston would be a monarchy ruled by two families. Luis Filipe de Orleans e Bragança, great-grandson of Princess Isabel and heir of the royal family in Brazil was selected as the reigning king of Kingston.

Kingston

84515515.jpg

Nacional Flag

Official name: Kingdom of Kingston

Capital: City of Kingston

Localization

62141367.jpg

89266728.jpg

Official languages: English, French and Portuguese

Government: Federal parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy

- Monarch: Luis Filipe I

- Prime Minister: James Olsen

Legislature Parliament

- Upper house: Senate

- Lower house: House of Commons

Area

- 896 km2

- 557 sq mi

Population

2008 census: 2,164,093

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections