Copperhagan

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Copperhagan is a region of vast metropolises and small rural communities. Copperhagan boasts hand terraforming with amazing rivers to spectacular mountains. We start off at Mt Clent; A...

Entries in this City Journal

ShultzCity

Copperhagan is Back!

After a long hiatus from SC4, (hint hint, CXL) Copperhagan is back! I haven't got a full update prepared, however I have a teaser of Copperhagan's new tourist attraction - Point Plumb.

pointplumbmay3051252639.png

Cheers, ShultzCity

ShultzCity

copperhaganbanner.png
Welcome to update #15!

In this major update we will look at all the major aspects of the now fully developed city, Northton. Suburbs, commerce, transportation and an industrial railyard will all be looked at.

To start off with, we will take a tour of  Northton's suburbs:

northton18.png

northton19.png

northton20.png

northton21.png

northton22.png
(sorry for image size)

northton23.png

northton24.png

northton25.png

And now the commercial sector:
northton26.png

northton27.png

northton28.png

And to some of the transportation features of Northton:
northton29.png

northton30.png

northton31.png

northton32.png

northton33.png

northton34.png

And finally the industrial sector and the railyard:
northton35.png

northton36.png
(again, sorry for image size)

northton37.png

northton38.png

northton39.png

northton40.png

And to top it all off, a nice, simple overview:
northton41.png

Enjoy! As always, rate kindly and post your suggestions and praise!

Cheers, ShultzCity

ShultzCity

copperhaganbanner.png

This isn't an official update, just a teaser and a question about jeronij's walls.

So, I'll start with my question...

I used jeronij's modern walls for the first time today, for the new industrial railyard (see the teaser below :) ) that I have been building in Northton - however some times when I use the diagonal pieces, they go 'wonky' (can't find anything else to explain it), but not all the time. There are some pictures below to explain:

northton15.png
This is the problem - see how they have a 'bump' in the middle of the lot?

northton16.png
This is how it looks on another diagonal a couple of blocks away - they look perfect!

So, enough of my questions - here is the teaser for a major industrial freight development in the south east corner of Northton:

northton17.png

Cheers, ShultzCity

ShultzCity

copperhaganbanner.png

Welcome to update #TBA!

This update is mainly focused around the new development of Northton and it's transportation system. You will also see Lapoon, a small new development to the north of Northton. Northton's developers have plans to make the southern part of Northton a commercial and industrial hub, however at the moment, demand is not high enough to be able to develop straight away.

We start off at a showcase of Lapoon's suburbs:

lapoon1.png

lapoon2.png

Lapoon is largely a rich suburb, with the average income per person per year of $AU 120000

lapoon3.png

lapoon4.png

And finally an overview of Lapoon.

And now to Northton - we start off with a few pictures of the transportation system without development:

northton1.png

Due to Northton's, cooler climate decidious thrive, and developers take advantage of that.

northton2.png

An overview of the transport system without T-RAM and eye-candy.

northton3.png

And an overview with T-RAM, but still without eye-candy

And now with some developed transportation features:

northton4.png

The main rail hub of Northton has started small, but has allowed room for exspansion if need be.

northton5.png

One of the round-a-bouts in Northton in winter.

northton6.png

A train approaches the rail hub.

northton7.png

A rail 'interchange' of sorts, that distributes passengers to other parts of Northton

northton8.png

Raised road takes commuters to the rail hub.

northton9.png

A T-RAM station in a central suburb of Northton

northton10.png

A sporting centre featuring a variety of different sporting areas.

northton11.png

A lake in the center of a Northton suburb.

northton12.png

northton13.png

northton14.png

And finally an overview of Northton.

Enjoy! Please leave your thoughts and constructive criticism :)

Cheers, ShultzCity

ShultzCity

Blighton

copperhaganbanner.png

Update #13

Welcome to the twelth update of Copperhagan. In this update, we will take a tour of Blighton, the (so far) most southerly city of Copperhagan. It boasts a state of the art transportation system that follows on from the advancements made in Ailent East.

blighton2.png

An overview of the intial suburbs and zoning.

blighton3.png

In the top left of the picture, you can see Blighton Terminal. In the top right you can see the tram line and the rail bridge. You can also see the northen suburbs of Blighton

blighton4.png

The rail 5 way part-orthogonal rail intersection that carries more than one third of Blighton's commuters and freight.

blighton5.png

A tram about to leave the station carrying about 50 commuters.

blighton6.png

The new, state of the art hydro-ponic greenhouse is new technology, which is hoped to (after testing) provide Blighton and sorrunding suburbs with food throughout drought.

blighton7.png

Some of the not-so-rich suburbs of Blighton

blighton8.png

An overview of the whole of Blighton, home to about 6000 residents. 

ailent5.png

Due to the influx of commuters into Ailent, a new 'mini' interchange was built, allowing cars to by pass the intersection.

Hope you enjoyed the latest update of Copperhagan, and please feel free to leave a comment or rating.
Cheers, ShultzCity

ShultzCity

copperhaganbanner.png

Update #12

Hi all, sorry for the long gap between updates - been very busy lately 21.gif

Starting with the bad news - Mt Glelli has been corrupted, forcing me to start again :( I will only post a couple of pics, just so you get a feel of the new city.

And to the good news - A new city, Blighton, has been founded. The style of the city continues a long the mass transit theme, making sure it is prepared for future developments.

mtglelli4.png

Main overview of the new Mt Glelli.

mtglelli3.png

Small pockets of farmland have sprung up, supplying the small township with general jobs and food.

blighton1.png

This is an overview of Blighton, with main roads and mass transportation implemented, but without any development. Mass transportation includes rail and trams, with the new implementation of buses. This is mainly a teaser shot until I can get the rest of Blighton built up.

Enjoy!
ShultzCity

ShultzCity

copperhaganbanner.png

Update # 11

In this update, we will take a tour of Ailent East, the new bustling suburb of Copperhagan. Ailent East boasts a totally new and innovative transportation terminal, featuring trams and trains.

I will not write a description under all of the pictures like I have done in previous updates, as there are quite a few images.

ailenteast1.png

Early deforestation takes place right across Ailent East.

ailenteast2.png

The transportation hub of Ailent East.

ailenteast3.png

ailenteast4.png

ailenteast5.png

Initial overview of Ailent East

ailenteast6.png

Suburbs take precedence in Ailent East.

ailenteast7.png

ailenteast8.png

Mid-rise office apartments

ailenteast9.png

ailenteast10.png

A close up of the transport terminal, and a tram leaving the station.

ailenteast11.png

Ailent East's commercial district.

ailenteast12.png

ailenteast13.png

ailenteast14.png

Overview of Ailent East fully developed.

I hope you enjoyed update number 11!

ShultzCity

ShultzCity

copperhaganbanner.png

Welcome to update #10 !!!

Wow! thanks for sticking with me to my tenth update, and I hope there will be many more to come...

Unfortunately there is nothing 'extra' special about the tenth update, however there is a new city and a special focus on a new round about

lowab7.png

This is an overview of the round about, which services about 7500 cars and pedestrians each day. It was a needed addition, as the local sims were complaining of of commute time through the intersection, as well as traffic noise. This round about solves both problems.

lowab8.png

The tree in the middle of the round about is quite sacred to the locals. It is the original tree setting that they sweared an oath on in the first ever council meeting. Coucil members decided to place the now almost fully grown setting in the middle of this round about to signify hope and peace through out Lowab.

ailent1.png

Sorry for small picture size - This is an overview of the new city 'Ailent' before development. The city is located directly south of Lowab, and many applications have already been made for housing.

ailent2.png

An overview of Ailent after development. It is home to about 1900 residents, as well as hosting over 1200 prime commercial jobs.

ailent3.png

There is a stark difference between the rich and poor in Ailent. Here we can see the wealthy residents all grouped together.

ailent4.png

And some of the poorer households.

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed my 10th update!

Regards,

ShultzCity

ShultzCity

copperhaganbanner.png

Update # 9...

In the latest addition of Copperhagan, we take a journey through the now fully developed Clent.

clent13.png

The north-west suburb of Clent

clent14.png

An overview of the northern part of Clent

clent15.png

Another view of Clent's southern parts.

clent16.png

Farmland has covered the whole eastern sector of Clent

clent17.png

And finally an overview of the whole town

I hope you enjoyed viewing Clent!

Have a great day,

ShultzCity

ShultzCity

copperhaganbanner.png

Update # 7

Finally, Clent's pond / lake system has finished, trees have flourished and development has begun.

A few shots of the pond / lake system:

clent4.png

clent5.png

clent6.png

clent7.png

clent8.png

Now some new shots of Clent as it starts to develop:

clent9.png

Suburbia begins! Clent is currently home to over 750 wealthy residents.

clent10.png

Clent is the home of the 'Clent Warriors' soccer team, who are currently sitting 2nd on the table. There is a nearby pond with plenty of seating for the parents to watch their kids play soccer, while relaxing with the friendly sounds of fish and frogs.

clent11.png

Clent holds the annual flower festival in Copperhagan, where landscape designers and horticulturists come together to try and win the award of $20 000.

clent12.png

Overview of Clent so far.

And finally, an updated region shot:

region2.png

Have a great day,

ShultzCity

ShultzCity

Clent

copperhaganbanner.png

Update # 7

Well we have seen Mt Clent as well as Clent Basin; now we come to Clent, the first medium sized city tile so far.

Clent has an altitude of 625 ft, and wealthy residents have already applied to buy land. Projections say that Clent will have about 10 000 residents at its peak.

clent1.png

This is Clent. It boasts excellent scenery, while still being flat enough to easily build on.

clent2.png

This is the basic street layout of Clent.

clent3.png

This is a teaser shot of Clent's beautiful pond / lake system. This is the main attractor of wealthy residents to Clent.

Enjoy the latest update, please feel free to leave some feedback 19.gif

ShultzCity

ShultzCity

copperhaganbanner.png

Update #6 :

In the latest episode of Copperhagan, Astell has had a burst of agricultural demand, which has spurred a new development; Mt Glelli

astell3.png

Advanced technology has not only allowed terraforming of Mt Clent, but it has opened new possibilities in bridge / tunnel building. Here you see new development, as well as the new bridge, allowing transport between Astell and Mt Glelli

astell4.png

This is the other side of the bridge / tunnel / bridge transport system.

mtglelli1.png

Welcome to Mt Glelli! Much like Astell, it is mainly a farming community, fueled by demand for goods from Astell. Major terraforming was required, and the local community were worried that a similar accident would happen like that of Mt Clent. However engineers have made significant advances since then, and are confident that it will be safe.

mtglelli2.png

One of the many workers working on the State Orange Farm of Copperhagan (SOFC)

Thats all for now, Copperhagan will be right back 31.gif

ShultzCity

ShultzCity

Lowab

copperhaganbanner.png

Update 4:

Welcome to the newest addition to Copperhagan - Lowab!

overview

Overview shot of Lowab with no development

3 stories!

Lowab is home to the first mansion of Copperhagan! The mansion is home to the Thwot Family, the first settlers of Lowab, in the 5th generation.

playground

Finally, technology has increased enough that the citizens of Lowab have reached the top of Mt Clent. They have marked the occasion with building a start of the art dirt playground 21.gif 

cliff view

This is the view looking East, over Mt Clent, down into Lowab

lowab5.png

Same type of picture, still looking east, slightly different perspective

lowab6.png

An overview of Lowab after development

copperhaganregion1.png

This is Copperhagan so far!

Enjoy!,

ShultzCity

ShultzCity

Astell

Update # 4

Astell is the next new community that has popped up in Copperhagan. Astell is a largely farming based town, and with a population of only 24, it relies heavily on Mt Clent, its neighbouring sity to the west.

overview

This is Astell. Only about half of the city is usable, with mountainous regions covering the rest.

country manor

The main attraction of Astell is Copperhagans first Llama farm!

And now for Copperhagan's first newsp

newspaper

Enjoy!

ShultzCity

ShultzCity

copperhaganbanner.png

Welcome to the third installment of Copperhagan!

Ranger station

More engineering success! Clent Basin citizens now have access to roughly 2/3 of Mt Clent.

But as the Clent council have realised, they want to preserve the mountain to the best of

their ability. So they have invested in a ranger station to patrol the area and make sure no

one gets up to any mischeif.

Landslide

Landslide! The recent excavations and terraforming on Mt Clent, in addition with heavy rain has caused

a major landslide, destroying three farmhouses and injuring two hikers. A wake up call has been

issued to Clent council, and they will need to be more careful about future terraforming.

fences

Temporary barriers have been set up around the affected area. Plans for more

permanent infrastructure are being looked at now.

Mosaic time!

clentbasinmosaic1.png

This mosaic follows the pond system that the citizens in Clent Basin enjoy daily.

This is my first mosaic, so it isnt great (re grey edges), but it is a start 2.gif

There you have it, hope you enjoyed the latest update of Copperhagan.

ShultzCity

ShultzCity

Clent Basin

copperhaganbanner.png

Update # 2

Well you have seen Mt Clent; now we go to Clent Basin, directly to the south of Mt Clent.

Technology has advanced in Copperhagan, and engineers have managed to cut into the sandstone walls of Mt Clent.

Main road of Clent Basin

Although terraformed, Clent Basin was still rocky, and required quite a curvy road 3.gif

farms

Farms are built further up Mt Clent than ever before, and the sims are pleased

family homes

As Clent Basin develops, larger family homes are built, pushing Clent Basin's population over 1000 for the first time

Thats all for now, folks! Copperhagan will be back soon....

ShultzCity

ShultzCity

copperhaganbanner.png

Welcome to my first CJ "Copperhagan"!  I hope you enjoy this update and the many more to come 1.gif

Important!

I use money, power and water cheats in all my cities, as well as radical ordinance mods.

Mt Clent overview

Welcome to my first city, Mt Clent!

Mt Clent dam

One of the first things Mt Clent engineers think of is building a dam at the bottom of Mt Clent to harness the water and supply it to homes.

Small, single residence homes

Small, single residence homes start to populate Mt Clent.

Farming

Soon farms begin to po up around the base of Mt Clent in the rich, fertile soil

Mt Clent

For now, Mt Clent has reached its full potential, due to lack of technology to be able to terraform Mt Clent

There you go! My first update of Copperhagan, I hope you enjoyed, there is more coming soon...

ShultzCity

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections