• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

From nothing to everything

Entries in this City Journal

Gadfly

We want more.

Kollemerens economy: Untill now it mostly consists of lumber and agricultrual goods.  But thats going to chance someday. But not in this update  3.gif The area around the freight station is much better for expanding then the old town, so future development will be concentrated around it. Kollemeren now gets his first proper road, that to will contribute to the local economy. The only downside of this all is the breakdown of nature. You will see this in few of the pictures.

Pic 5.1 New farm near the railroad.

kollemeren24.jpg

Pic 5.2 More and more forests are being torn down8.gif

kollemeren25.jpg

Pic 5.3 The old town, most of the citizens are still living here but  the other town expands rapidly. (I like these homes more then the old ones)

kollemeren27.jpg

Pic 5.4 Wohoo a road and a few... well for now they are highrises. a school, a police station, fire station and a post office, now we need a docter.

kollemeren28.jpg

Pic 5.5 Oh I forgot this picture, it's before all the development.

kollemeren26.jpg

Pic 5.6 A little higher.

kollemeren29.jpg

Gadfly

Nature strikes back

It's 1867 now (first pictures) some weird chemical was thrown in the water and suddenly more shrubs are growing and even the water chances the area looks much better now.

Hopefully you will like the new river.

Pic 4.1 Thanks to Korot for letting me know about the new update of Peg PPond.

kollemeren16.jpg

Pic 4.2 does somedoy know if there are better overpasses for the Ponds? I think this looks okay, but can be better

kollemeren17.jpg

Pic 4.3 Improved downtown and grassland.

kollemeren18.jpg

Pic 4.4 Some new farms and a railroadstation wich was build in 1872, mainly to transport logs almost the whole economy relies on logs. Time to build a sawmill to turn those logs into lumber, for higher profits.

kollemeren19.jpg

Pic 4.5 Small outpost to signal the village when there is a train coming.

kollemeren20.jpg

Pic 4.6 And the new sawmill build in 1880 this will probably have a huge impact on local economy. It will lure many new citizens to Kollemeren.

kollemeren21.jpg

Pic 4.7 Two extra pictures Here it runs to the station and then goes to the sawmill

kollemeren22.jpg

Pic 4.8 And then it goes down to the outpost and further out of the city.

kollemeren23.jpg

kad;

Gadfly

Nice little village

Well after 3 years there was a little town. It's 1834 now, just a few homes, farms and a church and even a watermill were build.

Pic 3.1 Northern part of the town, some farms.

kollemeren10.jpg

Pic 3.2 The watermill

kollemeren11.jpg

Pic 3.3

kollemeren12.jpg

Pic 3.4 This is sort of downtown.

kollemeren13.jpg

Pic 3.5 And the whole area.

kollemeren14.jpg

Gadfly

Signs of life

It's 1830 when the the first explorer arrived in the unknown area, this exlorer (Mr. Koller) found out that this place could be a heaven on earth. Enough fish and wildlife to hunt for and feed a few families. Large forests stretching out, enough to build a thousend or more new homes.

This is what Mr. Koller saw when he first arrived.

Pic 2.1 Can be used as refference to locate were the others pictures were taken.

kollemeren5.jpg

Mr. Koller then reported back to his old country (the Netherlands) He asked the king (Willem I) if he could get a few man and supplies to build a settlement. His request was granted and he even had the honor to chose a name. Kolle, because of his name and meren because there are a few lakes. Meren=lakes  in dutch :)

Pic 2.2 River and 2 lakes in the west.

kollemeren6.jpg

Pic 2.3 River in the west

kollemeren7.jpg

Pic 2.4 The east with a few open spaces.

kollemeren9.jpg

Pic 2.5 Wohoo the first signs of life in Kollemeren.

kollemeren8.jpg

Next update the first homes and a church and maybe more :)

Gadfly

First update

So I´m here again.

I did remove all the plugins and reinstalled some plugins, but I´m still in the process to sort it all out.

Sorting dependancies is a bit boring and I like buildings city's more :) So 50% I'm terraforming this city and 50% I'm going to sort things out.

Custom content I'm using, If you see a building you like, you may ask where I get it from, but I dont know everything :)

-Columbus terrain mod

-Peg watermod (I'm acctually using almost everything from Pegasus)

-Cycledoggs Trees

Here is the start of my new region Kollemeren, expect to see a more european rural look at the start but later on a more american urban look.

Here are some teaser pics, not so much, but it's a start, I think wednesday the whole area is terraformed.

Pic 1.1

kollemeren1.jpgkollemeren1.jpg

kollemeren1.jpg

Pic 1.2

kollemeren2.jpg

kollemeren2.jpgkollemeren2.jpg

Pic 1.3kollemeren3.jpg

kollemeren3.jpgkollemeren3.jpg

Pic 1.4

kollemeren4.jpg

kollemeren4.jpgkollemeren4.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections