Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

West Jackson

Sign in to follow this  
spursrule14

arrowheadbanner.jpg

Hey guys, I'm back after a month-long break! And I'm back not with more scenic and touristy areas; I'm back with the seedy side of Arrowhead: West Jackson. Seeing a chance to capitalize on the growing tourist popularity of Old Town Arrowhead in the early 1940's, city planners knew that if the historic district was ever to have a worthwhile future something would have to be done about the low-wealth and underprivileged residents living around the neighborhood. In partnership with a prominent local contractor, the city set aside five square miles of land next to the industrial area west of Old Town to construct low-cost highrise tenements in an effort to move the poor out of Old Town. At the time, West Jackson St. was a dirt road running right through the heart of the set-aside land, but city leaders took action. To better facilitate traffic on nearby feeder streets, West Jackson St. went from being a dirt road to a sunken street with entrances to underground parking for several of the area highrises. Today, the land is 100% built out, and comes complete with the highest population density in the city (over 80,000 residents reside in the neighborhood), and the highest crime rate. There's only three type of people West Jackson's for: the poor, the police, and the politician.

Join the Arrowhead Police Department's COPter5 as it searches the West Jackson area for a man wanted for robbery and battery of a clerk at a nearby convenience store.

heavy rain falls over West Jackson...

wj3mod.jpg

wj82.jpg

wj50.jpg

wj72.jpg

wj2mod.jpg

wj60.jpg

wj81.jpg

wj74.jpg

wj71.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

After a long wait, finally i got to read your new entry. This really looks good. A real contrast from your Shoshone Lagoon! It really has got that feel that every corner, a robber is lurking. I hope the government can do something about it. lol. Anyway great work!

Share this comment