Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Unstoppable growth and first complaints

Sign in to follow this  
Cisco2

Kaliningrad continues its travel to 250k inhabitans and a major enlargment is planned for the next future.

However the people living in the town are requesting some more entertainment in the town. Actually we really lack of some real entertainment area and this is not positive for a town far away hundreds of miles away from others. So a recreation zone is to build, chosen position is the norther part of the Kaliningrad center, on the road to Sojuz.

kaliningrad20apr0312670.png

This park is expensive, but the town grows more and the taxes will cover also this expense.

Now we come to the major enlargment ever seen until now in Kaliningrad history.

kaliningrad20apr0312670s.png

The penisula is almost completely occupied and Sojuz will be enlarged to the town center. The planification is spread along the coasts also to give a better incentive to families. In few years the are is almost all recovered by buildings.

kaliningrad1ago08126704.png

Also the town center has expanded, not horizontally, but vertically.

kaliningrad19ago0812671.png

Of course these buildings don't contain rich families, but the less rich newcomers. In fact the town is not attracting just rich people and some seeking for big furtune in the industrial world, but also normal families seeking for a different life, something new to live.

Meanwhile the mayor assists at the first protests, a group of 10-15 folk request enlargment for the local landfill, which really needs an increase of dimensions. Some garbage remains accumulated off the roads on the sidewalk.

garbageq.jpg

The works the enlarge the landfill begin and they also consider the continuing increase of citiziens in the town.

kaliningrad20apr0312670.png

Finally, we have the construction of a small but modern firemen's station. Until now the town yes had coverage against small fires, with a big presence of extinguishers but they're not enough, especially if the town is growing. The new firemen's station is located on the intersection between the circular boulevard of Kaliningrad and the Kaliningrad-Airport road.

kaliningrad19ago0812671.png

This town is growing very fast, and this concerns the people in general. Crime increased despite the strong presence of policemen, the ecological equilibrium is devasted and air-train traffic is increasing. But these are prices to pay in order to build a modern metropolis.

Sign in to follow this  

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

To be honest, I actually like the way this looks now. Ye, a bit more custome content would give it more variety but the general idea is quite good and the town also looks more natural and not too much planned.

Share this comment

I seriously took in consideration to add custom contentent in every journal, and i am trying to find reasons to add more, in this one i just thought about the garbage.
Thanks both for commenting and yes i go mad if my roads do not look realistic .
Must say maybe this town in real life could have grow in a different way, like old soviet style suburbs, all big buildings, not wealthy and roads all making 90 degrees at every angle with a perfect grid. But hay variety is better imo :P.

Share this comment

Some custom design would be good, but remember CSGdesign's Natural Growth? That was stunnig, & had very little custom content.

Anyway this update was nice, I can really see Kaliningrad become a busting city of urban sprawl.

Share this comment