• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Steady growth

Sign in to follow this  
needgames

Widening_Titel_9.jpg

As Widening has grown to 100,929 inhabitants nothing much interesting has happened, even the composition of the populace has remained exactly the same as more offices, and a couple of high tech factories, shops and hotels have been added to the city. Widening now sells 20 tokens of office services for the magnificent sum of 69,600. Oil sales have been stable at 15 tokens for a long time already. Selling this oil creates revenue of 52,000, while it costs still 40,000 to get it, so we’re actually making a profit now, especially when you consider that some oil that is produced is used by the city itself, which would cost 9,100 per token if it had to be bought. So Widening seems to be doing quite well. All this wealth shows clearly in the new city hall that has been constructed. It is shown in the first picture of this update.

Widening_77.jpg

The downside of this all is still the enormous pollution of the environment. The next picture shows the city with the environment overlay active. Satisfaction with the environment for unqualified workers has gone down by 4% and is now at 47%. I’m not sure why this is happening. Pollution levels have not really changed, except that there are more cars on the roads now than in the previous update. The qualified workers still appreciate the environment by 27%, for the executives the rating has gone up a bit, by 2%, and is now at 30%, probably because new homes have been built in relatively unpolluted areas.

Widening_78.jpg

Overall satisfaction is stable for now. The unqualified workers appreciate their life in Widening by 86%, the qualified workers by 80%, and the executives by 78%. I think given the bad situation concerning the environment these are good results. The citizens are content with the services the city offers, with leisure being the least appreciated. All groups value these with roughly 72%. The next picture shows one of those happy people in Widening. I don’t now her name, but she’s nice.

Widening_79.jpg

In the last update I mentioned that maybe Widening would have its first landmark by now, but as it turned out that would be a bit too expensive if it was constructed at the moment. This is actually my fault. When new services became available I immediately built the medical institute, not checking first if others had become available as well. This institute is shown in the next picture. It is a nice looking building, but also the most expensive one of all services with a cost of 20,000. With this building medical facilities have become the most expensive part of the municipal budget, as total costs have risen to 35,000. Since soon new trade contracts have to be closed and only 20,522 in revenue each turn is available I’m going to go easy on offering new services. After all, with current satisfaction levels I don’t have to be in a hurry. Nevertheless it would have been better had I built a new leisure facility instead.

Widening_80.jpg

With the 100,000 population threshold crossed it’s maybe nice to tell you what the city is actually consuming, as far as I can know that. At the moment Widening buys one token of food, but is short two tokens. It buys one token of water, and that is enough for the entire city. The same goes for electricity; the city buys one token and has no shortage. Waste treatment is really expensive: the city exports five tokens for 45,200, and still one token keeps on polluting the streets. The city is short of one token of holidays, which in time will have to be bought as well. Concerning the industry Widening buys three tokens of heavy industry for 27,300, and five tokens of manufacturing industry for 45,200. Nevertheless it lacks one token of heavy industry and two tokens of manufacturing industry. I cannot know how much fuel the city consumes, or how many office services. I can only know there is a surplus at the moment of one token of fuel and two tokens of office services. The next picture is taken in the qualified workers area.

Widening_81.jpg

The final picture of this update shows part of the business district by night. The next update will be when Widening has reached 150,000 inhabitants and I expect it will show many new services and a landmark, probably some elite housing as well, although I do not know at the moment whether conditions in the city are good enough for the filthy rich.

Widening_82.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments