Avista

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Avista Community Green Restoration Group - A.C.G.R.G

Sign in to follow this  
Lacey14

Merry Christmas! Since Green is a christmas color, I thought I would start off my CJ with some "Green" Related issues.

In the mid 80's, after the development rush of the past 20 years ended, the A.C.G.R.G came to be known.

The A.C.G.R.G(Avista Community Green Restoration Group) was founded by Tabbitha Newman, who found that she couldn't find one speck of parkland or "Green Space" for miles in Avista, not even in her own backyard. Infact, in the entire metro area there were only two parks, one being in a private residential area, and the other being a sunken pond downtown. She and a bunch of other residents living in the South Street area came to the mayor with a petition of nearly 1,000 names to restore the land to how it was with new parks throughout the city. By 1994, more than 10 parks were built, and more were being built. That is how Avista went from a "Grey" city to a "Green-ish" city, even though recycling is still an unknown term to most.

Here are some pictures of the new green spaces.

34859j8.jpg

2irrk1h.jpg

14nokms.jpg

rwl1tt.jpg

In Honor of Christmas, I made it snow in this next picture(Sorry, I am not that good with photoshop).

2v0zm6r.jpg

The Next update will be tommorow or the next day and will be about the flood of 2002 and how the canal system in the suburbs came to be.

Also, Thanks for any comments in advance, :)

Sign in to follow this  

1 Comment

Recommended Comments