• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Baltimore Railways; Sherwood to D.C.; Sherwood Stop

Sign in to follow this  
_marsh_

(First I wan't to ask, can anybody make a "Baltimore Railways" image for me? It would help alot since I don't know how to make that stuff.)

Sherwood to D.C.

The region of Baltimore has great ambitions, currently, it is Baltimore Railways, the only rail company in the Baltimore Region. Currently it has a plan to connect the town of Sherwood, (including a few other towns on the Sherwood Peninsula) to the United States capitol of Washington D.C.this would in-turn, create huge opritunities for Sherwood, and also Central Baltimore across the Bay.

Currently, the plans for the railway.

Red represents the main line,while yellow represents "spurs" to the naboring towns.

Baltimore-1257558204.png

The rail line was voted to start in Sherwood. It has grown alot for such a short time, or perhapes it just "looks" like it grew alot, due to the fact that the city has to grow "around" the Sherwood State forest nerby.

Sherwood-Apr7311257557052.png

Developers found the perfect spot to build the line, a small ridge that cuts through the town, probably caused by an earthquake thousands of years ago, that houses were never built on, because they had a steep grade. However, it did create a nice "natural park" through the town.

Sherwood-Apr12311257557119.png

A spot for the station was also chosen, close to the pontoon so folks can esily get to Central Baltimore.

Sherwood-Oct14311257557269.png

First the trees were cut down and a station was constructed.

Sherwood-Nov17311257557383.png

Next a "path" for the rail was built and the station was completed.

Sherwood-Jan19321257557542.png

Finaly the line was built,

Sherwood-Jul17321257557835.png

Through the outer "suburbs" of town.

Sherwood-Jul18321257557869.png

It curved around the farm to another road crossing in an outer suburb.

Sherwood-Jul20321257557882.png

"Cut" through a small hill by the suburb.
Sherwood-Jul21321257557895.png

And finaly went on to the nerby town of Topaz.

Sherwood-Jul22321257557913.png

Hopefully the railroad will make Sherwood and Baltimore develope even more!

Sherwood-Jul27321257557945.png

Sherwood-Jul30321257557995.png

Blue- Phase 1- complete
Yellow- Phase 2- incomplete
Red-Phase 3- incomplete

Baltimore-1.png

Thats all for today!
Untill next time!

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Ohh! Very cool looking cities! Very natural!
Sorry I haven't popped in here too often, been a little busy, I'll make sure to stop by more often!

Share this comment

nice update. the only thing i might consider is the nam mod to adjust the curvature of your rail lines. make them look more realistic and fluid

Share this comment