Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Capilano Valley: Reborn

Sign in to follow this  
beebs

sac_capval_v1.jpg

Update time! Apologies for the delay, I was thinking a little ambitious with what I was wanting to accomplish.. what was planned to be a quick 30 minute job turned into a 4 or 5 hour nightmare, spread over 4 days. 15.gif But, here we are now and I finally have something to show you. I've decided to do a bit of a reboot of Capilano Valley, rather than go through another rebuild cycle. Many areas will be untouched but many of the original areas from like 2006 are in dire need of massive overhaul. So for the next while, our Capilano Valley updates will be showing my most recently overhauled area. Now, enough of me blabbing. Here's some shots for you guys.

reload6.jpg

The "new" H3 and Capilano Avenue interchange. I may end up changing a few road names to accommodate the changes in the roads as we go along, as well I may be adjusting the highway names a bit as they don't quite fit with Canada's naming conventions.

reload7.jpg
Another angle of the same area. The interchange is still bugging me just a smidgen, so I may make a few adjustments as time passes. The city does have plans for a sort of rest stop area around here, so we'll see how that pans out before any solid changes are made.

reload1.jpg
Ah, and now we start with the closeups. 2.gif Rather than go with another giant Marriott hotel, I figure I should stick with something a little more appropriately sized for the size of the town.

reload2.jpg
I just liked this angle, with the river and the roads curving around.

reload3.jpg
What would I do without that parking lot mod? 3.gif

reload4.jpg
The city may expand the commercial further up this way, but no plans are set as of yet.. mostly things are waiting on if Gateway Common gets approval for Phase 2.

reload5.jpg

Last but not least, just another nature shot, the bridge leading into the interchange.

And that's all I've got for you today, folks. Be sure to check back this weekend, hoping for a multi-city update for our next update. 9.gif

Sign in to follow this  

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.