colonie Haltenbach

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

I'd use a more restrictive slope mod, as some of your road slopes and highway slopes are still borderline steep. Also, you can't use TuLEPs with the RHW because they are designed for Road (not One Way Road, and thus render one half of the intersection unusable). Also, having a MIS come out of a wide intersection like that just looks bad.

You're off to a great start, however. Keep it up; you'll only get better with practice.

Share this comment

@APSMS wich slop mod you using?

I know, RHW and TuLEPs and MIS - AVE - there are no transition pieces avaiable :( to use these networks together, so I help me with this unusable connections, I personaly know it looks not good

Are there any plans to have RHW and TuLEPs and and MIS - AVE transition pieces? This would be much perfect if could connect all these new and geniusly networks together and use together

Share this comment

In the AVE/RHW tab ring (found in the Roads menu) there are a few options for RHW interchanges using FAMIS. Also, OWR dragged from MIS will automagically create a transition which can then be used to interface with the road. There are currently no OWR TuLEPs, but they are planned and will likely be released either NAM 32 or NAM 33 (the next few development cycles), so probably within 6 to 9 months, but not likely any longer, as much of the groundwork for such pieces has already been laid.

You should experiment with dragging certain setups to see if they work. Much of the development has been toward eliminating puzzle pieces and creating draggable setups. MIS, e.g. can be dragged straight through all of the road and NWM networks (except street) without incident or need of conversion. Also, because of the paths on the TuLEPs, it is highly likely that the MIS/TuLEP intersection there isn't even functional, because the lane extends from the middle, but the puzzle piece only lets traffic in from the side, breaking the intersection. You can also (iirc) drag MIS straight into one side of an avenue just like you can with OWR. Usually using TuLEPs with the wrong networks will lead to undesirable behavior for the inexperienced user, though an experienced user can usually exploit these quirks for their own advantage, which is partly why having a MIS lead out of the middle of a Road TuLEP piece will cause a nonfunctional interchange. It provides a degree of traffic control superior to leaving the intersection as it was. Usually UDI is useful for testing a given intersection's functionality. If you can't drive though it, the game probably (but not always) can't send traffic through it either.

Finally, I use Ennedi's slope mod, which has a few quirks. On the STEX some other good ones are the RHW slope mod (only for RHW networks) and BRF's mod, which is a failry well known one as well. I've modified my slope mod using the Reader tool, and you can see some of my interchanges in the Show us your... threads (and by clicking on my profile). The Ennedi slope mod is found here, but you'll have to be registered and logged in to download it. (It comes with RHW slope parameters, so the separate RHW mod is unecessary in that case.)

Share this comment