• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Welcome to New Chester City - day 1

Sign in to follow this  
Sjoerd1993

Welcome to New Chester City

Arrival

'Welcome to New Chester City' says a huge poster on the wall in Edwards International Airport. I just landed in New Chester City for a nice trip through this city. I have seen a lot of cities, but I have never been to a real large city in the USA. Therefore I am quite excited about the trip. My flight from Amsterdam was pretty nice one and we landed right on time on Edwards International Airport. After I got through the immigration service I felt I really was in the city!

After I stepped out of the terminal I decided to take a cap to my hotel, which was located on 8th Avenue. It took the cap around 20 minutes to get to the hotel. Although it was easy to drive down the New Chester Island Freeway, it was still a challenge to get through all the traffic and to arrive at my hotel. The hotel was located right next to Miller park. After I left my luggage at my room I immidiately started to discover the city.

My first stop would be Miller park. Since this is the nearest attraction, I decided to see this firstly. The park is one of the oldest ones in New Chester City. It is a special park, since the park contains a cemetery. It is one of the only parks in the city which has one. Miller park is right in the middle of the business district, between the neighbourhoods 'old town' and 'central'.

newchestercityjan174813.png

- A picture of Miller park. It's located within the business district along 8th Avenue/ Chester Street

I walk down 8th Avenue after my visit to Miller park. 8th Avenue is the most important street of the city, although the main business offices are more located on 7th Avenue. The importance of 8th Avenue, which has the official name of 8th Avenue/ Chester Street, dates back from the inception of the city. The city grew along this avenue, which had in the days before the grid system only the name Chester Street. After the grid system was introduced by mayor John Edwards, the avenue got the addition of 8th Avenue. The grid system in New Chester City is based on the same one as the one in New York City.

Since I am walking to the west I come in the neighbourhood Central. Central become the central business district under the administration of mayor Edwards, but it never became the most important business spot. However, mayor Antfield moved very important buildings to Central Square, as for example the City Hall and the Courthouse of New Chester City. As I can see the square is wonderful place to relax and observe the beauty of the buildings on the square. The Opera House and the City Hall are the two major attraction of the square. I can see the world famous Carmen Building very well too. However I decide to visit The Carmen Building tomorrow, since I do have a jet lag. I return to my hotel by the subway, which is a great way to travel to the city. When I arrive at the hotel I immediately fell asleep, so that I could explore more of this great city tomorrow.

newchestercitymar104813.png

- A view of Central Square. The City Hall can be seen and the back of the Opera House. In the left corner a glimpse of The Carmen Building can be seen. The square is a beautiful place to relax.

Sign in to follow this  

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.