• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Interstate Tour - Eskridge and Saint James

Interstate Tour - Eskridge and Saint James

The Andremore Metropolitan area is divided into an 8x8 grid of zones. Each zone is referenced by a letter and a number. The letters run from A to H from west to east, and the numbers run from 1 to 8 from north to south. In other words, the northwesternmost zone is "Grid A1" and the southeasternmost zone is "Grid H8."

The Interstate Tour begins in the northeasternmost zone, "Grid H1," where Interstate 5 (I-5) South comes in from the north about 19 miles from the Tauria state line. Exit 19A goes north toward Urie, while Exit 19B goes south toward Saint James.

gridh101i5exit19.jpg

Continuing southwest on I-5S takes you through the forests and farmlands.

gridh102i5mile17.jpg

Three miles after Exit 19 is Exit 16, the exit for Eskridge, a small town nestled amidst the northeastern farmlands.

gridh103i5exit16.jpg

Passing Eskridge and continuing south on I-5S, the state of Tauria is just another 15 1/2 miles away.

gridh104i5mile16.jpg

Here is an overview of the town of Urie. Only the southern half of Urie is visible here. To get there from I-5, take Exit 19A and make the first left. Passing the farms, make the first right, and you have arrived. There really is not much to see in Urie as it is purely a small residential settlement.

gridh105overheadurie.jpg

Here is Urie, hidden behind the farms on the main road.

gridh106urie.jpg

Leaving I-5 on Exit 19B, one could head south and merge onto the main avenue heading west toward Eskridge. Taking the second left from there takes you to Saint James.

gridh107overheadsaintja.jpg

Half of Saint James is visible here. The other half is in Grid H2.

gridh108saintjames.jpg

As mentioned earlier, Eskridge is right off of Exit 16B.

gridh109overheadeskridg.jpg

Eskridge is the commercial center of Grid H1.

gridh110eskridge01.jpg

The main avenue is lined with small office buildings.

gridh111eskridge02.jpg

The centerpiece of Eskridge is the main traffic circle which features the tallest office builldings in the city...

gridh112eskridgedowntow.jpg

... on the other side of which is the main bus stop.

gridh113eskridgedowntow.jpg

The residential areas of Eskridge are laid out in a very suburban manner with lots of twisting roads and cul-de-sacs for privacy...

gridh114eskridgeresiden.jpg

... while along the main roads are more modern townhouses and mid-rise apartments.

gridh115eskridgeresiden.jpg

On the outskirts of the main city are rolling hills and expansive farmlands as far as the eye can see.

gridh116farmland01.jpg

gridh117farmland02.jpg

gridh118farmland03.jpg

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

@VMIUJcadet09 - Thanks! I didn't even realize that I didn't use any custom content in this zone. I have so much of it interspersed throughout the region!

Share this comment