Welcome back to Timmone's Island. Everything has been improved from the last version, and I've even made it so that it is possible to develop high-rises. After starting all over again beginning with flattening the ends of the island, I've been able to do more advanced things that I wasn't able to do with the old Timmone's Island, such as build highways, bustling commercial districts, and even the longest tunnel in Cosarara. But enough jib-jab, let's get on with the tour.
The new West End's busy commercial district. Notice the tall residential towers, department stores, and now the monorail under construction- compare that to a single private school on this side of the island.
The newer residential district.
End of the line for now (the monorail). But the highway goes on...
Continuing on, we come across this tunnel...
...and emerge from the tunnel on the East End side. And I'm also told that this is the longest tunnel ever built in Cosarara!
The whole tunnel was dug underneath the Memorial Escarpment to avoid having to blast and cut away the cliffs, which hold a special significance to the island residents.
This is the newer East End.
The East End's business district rivals that of the "Money District" of Jackson City.
The residential towers provide stunning views of the sea as well as Escape Point... that is, if you have the cash.
The island's new picnic grounds.
Timmone's Island's principal source of electricity is generated from the wind turbines along the top of the ridge.
This is the original Crag Tunnel, part of the main carriageway on the island.
The opposite end, the side with everything else. So that's why the locals call it the "umbilical cord"!
Tunnels #3 and #4 have yet to be named, but they act as detour tunnels in case the main tunnel runs into any problems.
And check out the island's plans to build a bridge across the water to Escape Point to provide residents and tourists with an alternative to having to catch a ferry to the other side.
So, apparently, officials in Canterlot heard of Cosarara's plans to build a bridge from Timmone's Island to Escape Point, and it seems that the proposed route goes straight through an ancient cemetery... you'll see why after you read the letter they sent to the Ministry of Transportation.
To: Cosararan Socialist Party
Attn: Ministry of Transportation
Subject: Concerning Timmone's Island Bridge project
Respected Comrade John Antolini:
We have seen your government's plans to construct a highway bridge between Timmone's Island and the mainland. However, upon further investigations and research, we have discovered that a planned direct-extension to Mango Beach is going to be built over an ante-Equestrian archaeological site.
The site in question is a cemetery dating back to the Snow War, during which several ethnic clashes occurred between the three races in the proximity of Midnight Castle (in the area of present-day Jackson City), a few years before the Great Warming. Approximately 1,550 of Equestria's own are buried at this cemetery from all three races of pony.
Therefore, in order to protect and preserve this Equestrian landmark, we are working with Party officials as well as your ministries in an attempt to suspend the project. We have a preliminary dig scheduled for starting on September 21 and ending sometime in mid- to late November or December.
In the meantime, we will also be sending some consultants to the interchange area for you to collaborate with - you'll be talking about ways to improve the interchange as well as the bridge, and whether or not to add tolls. This will be during our excavation of the cemetery.
An aerial picture of the approximate area of the cemetery is attached for your records.
Royal Government of Equestria
Well... that escalated quickly...
I hope you enjoyed this tour of the totally transformed Timmone's Island. Now if you'll excuse me, I now have to go find new funding for a NEW extension to Mango Beach since Celestia somehow convinced the Socialist Party to pull 95% of the highway's funding and dump the other 5% to rebuild the interchange...
(If you liked this update, please rate, comment, +1, etc. I'll be updating less often because school has gone full steam ahead, but I'll at least try to squeeze something out every once in a while!)