• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chester, SC!

Sign in to follow this  
VMIUJcadet09

Good Morning and Happy Sunday!

@Jacob: What method do you use to upload pictures? I convert .pngs to .jpgs and upload them that way, hopefully there is a more efficient way.

@chimeran: I took your advice and minimized the task bar and did CTRL+SHIFT+S. Much improved pictures thanks to you! I appreciate it!

Today I will introduce you to the municipality of Chester. This city is a rapidly growing community immediately south of Spartanburg, with a burdgeoning population thanks to nearby Fort Wade Hampton and its associated missions focusing on housing elements of mechanized infantry battalions of the US Army, and a joint operations center run by the US Intelligence Community.

In this entry I will introduce you to several civilian areas of town, including the Chester Riverfront on the Reedy River, Downtown Chester, and Wade Hampton High School.

Here is the Chester Riverfront, showing the city hall, Cardiff Tower, and some shops and restuarants. The river is the Reedy River, running from Greenville towards Columbia, SC.

blogentry-202086-0-37954600-1345379648_t

Here is Downtown Chester, which is on the north bank of the Reedy River, home to Loyalty Building, which houses law firms and financial services companies, and the historic Hotel Chester, built in the 1830s and served as a HQ for Confederate forces operating out of South Carolina.

blogentry-202086-0-69089700-1345379663_t

Finally, here is Wade Hampton High School, named after Confederate General Wade Hampton, a cavalry officer from South Carolina who served alongside JEB Stuart. This high school is one of the largest in the area with approx. 1900 students and possessing one of the powerhouse football teams in the Upstate, the Wade Hampton Renegades.

blogentry-202086-0-74042800-1345379681_t

Sign in to follow this  

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.