• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Welcome to Greenville SC-CBD and more Part 1

Sign in to follow this  
VMIUJcadet09

Good Evening Everyone,

Now for a major change of pace from Augusta, we travel approx. 110 miles to the north to Greenville, SC; the largest city in the Upstate of South Carolina. My version of the real city is a metro area of approx. 1.4 million people, with a very developed CBD, much like Atlanta or Charlotte (esp since I really like the buildings in both cities). This region has 3 airports, 2 regional, and 1 large international airport. There are numerous high-rises in Greenville and some scattered through the metro. Greenville boasts a large public transit network consisting of buses, metro/light rail, and commuter rail. Hope you enjoy! To see what the RL Greenville looks like, please check it out on Wikipedia, or actually go there, it is an AWESOME city :)!

The first picture is of downtown Greenville; on this tile there are 3 major business districts: downtown, midtown, and Pelham Crossing. Downtown is the original, and oldest core of the city with a regional transit center, city hall, stock exchange, aquarium, and numerous offices and residences.

blogentry-202086-0-70343100-1343958717_t

The second picture is of Fashion Corner, which is on the western edge of Midtown; there you will find Cartier, Versace, Louis Vitton, Christian Dior, Saks 5th Avenue and more. It is one of the poshest shopping districts in the metro.

blogentry-202086-0-95952400-1343958727_t

The third picture is of Midtown; where you will find the Hearst Center, Convention Center, numerous shops and restuarants, and some additional offices.

blogentry-202086-0-64974200-1343958745_t

Hope you enjoy!

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Really does remind me of Hotlanta, with the spread-out, almost linear rows of commercial towers. And, of course, the particular buildings... :)

Share this comment

iamihop: Thanks! I appreciate the feedback! I was kind of going for an ATL look, I've been there several times and I really like the architecture of the skyscrapers, esp Promenade 2, the BoA building, and the Georgia-Pacific Building, awesome buildings there.

Share this comment