Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Meet New Hope

Sign in to follow this  
rbrenelli

Hi everyone, I would like to share this little city I have designed. I'm sorry in advance for my english. Im a little rusty and quite tired.

This is built on a small size terrain in Sim City 4.

I attemped to create a non pendular city, with both business and residential blocks mixed. The result is good circulation throughout the whole city. There are avenues, roads, elevated rail connected to subway and ferry boats. If a neighbourhood has el rail, it wont have subway close by. Buses are spread by the city covering some distant areas.

Instead of scattering subway stations all over, I attempted to make them "real" by placing few and concentrated, onto transportation hubs, connecting to buses, garages and ferry stations. I used different subway stations found here at the Stex, so each place has its own identity.

Every one of these transportation hubs has a toten so people can identify transport. I used The Pylon, available in the Stex. Its cool and makes a system whole.

I did not plop all the buildings as I've done before. All residential is grown, so as the Office Space, of course except for those buildings that have no grow option.

When i liked the building that appeared I made it a monument and when not, i destroyed it. Its how I controlled it.

I made this for fun, so I used that money tree so I could have freedom. Haters gonna hate. Those wealthy buildings were built sometimes by themselves, and other times by some mother nature help. Entering god mode again and planting trees makes it more convenient for them to grow, but my city has it all, poor, middle-class and rich. A lot of rich though, cos the buildings are prettier.

So, here it is. Hope you guys like and can use some of my ideas on your cities. Critique is welcome.

This is my pride and joy. Here you can see the observation tower up the mountain overlooking the city and the sea. There is also my transportation hub for this area. There is no downtown, but you could call this the historic centre, because of the old important buildings, as the theatre and the library.

Q4ORu.jpg

Here you can see it at another angle, and in more detail.

4u7wF.jpg

Here is a broader night shot of the bay.

rL8Gd.jpg

Following that avenue that leads to the ferry station close to the Theatre, youll get to a residential and office neighbourhood, and you can see there are tall and not so tall buildings and the museum.

QR4MN.jpg

At the end of that avenue, you have a small civic centre. You have schools, Hospital and everything you need, including a market.

L4w27.jpg

On the tohser side of town, there is a Sports Arena, another transportation hub and some recreational space. Since this is a valued place of town, youve got high rise residential buildings. People can watch the game or the concerts from their balconies!

tenul.jpg

vNYie.jpg

I really like this Chicago themed building, so i took a shot of it close to the elevated rail system. I like the old and new thing too.

Z7Eqh.jpg

Here you have the detail of the other side of the bay. This is an landfill area. You have the tunnel and the ferry stations, close to subway. On nice sunny sundays people get here to ride boats and spend some time by the lighthouse.

g0nNv.png

And, finally, some general shots of town.

2ULlj.jpg

n5bOJ.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.