• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Balejado, city of the Riviera

Sign in to follow this  
panthersimcity4

Even though I started a new CJ, I thought I'd pop back into this one and post an update.

Balejado is the largest city on the San Pedro riviera. I may have already said "Torrosa" was the largest city on the riviera. Well, I lied. :P

rivier3a.jpg

riviera11.jpg

Balejado is the most visited of the resort cities, because of it's larger size and close proximity to the famous Alcazar of Calvario. The city is much less dense than Torrosa, which contains many high-rise hotels and condos. Balejado only contains a few high-rises, but has a beautiful central plaza.

riviera44.jpg

At the top of this picture is the Plaza Mayor, with the Cathedral of St. Boniface in the middle. Near the central plaza is the tallest structure in the city. It is a condominium complex, called the Santo Antonio Tower. It has great views of the sea and surrounding areas, but the condos are very expensive.

unled1coddfdpy.jpg

rivierafg3.jpg

Here is one of the newest resort hotels in the city, known as the Balejado Playa Real Resort. It's quite expensive, and contains two swimming pools.

riviera5.jpg

The beaches of the city are very bright and powdery. During the Summer months, this beach, along with the beaches of Torrosa and other cities, get packed with tourists. Most of the tourists in San Pedro are from Northern Europe and North America.

riviera6.jpg

The outskirts of the city are mostly traditional houses. There are some poorer neighborhoods in the north of the city that are inhabited mostly by North African immigrants.

development.jpg

There are plenty of wealthy neighborhoods in the city... most of them however are filled with vacation homes and timeshares.

Now, a couple random pics around the city:

riviera9.jpg

riviera10.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

i like the look of the map and the assembly of the city makes its development from small town to big town almost visible in one picture - the transitions are great.
two questions: did i see power poles in the patio? and can you tell how many inhabitants the city has?

Share this comment

Evillions: Thanks! I'm glad I can help!
Mikeaut1: Thanks!!
TowerDude: lol, I'll see if I can work something out with the travel agency.
hijodecordoba: Thanks, if you're referring to the 'poorer' neighborhood area, I think the power pole is from one of the lots. :P Also, city only has a little more than 10,000 inhabitants on a big city tile... most of my regions are made up of big city tiles. However, this specific city tile still has some space to be developed!

Share this comment