Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

supaphil

Port Autumndale

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Welcome all to my first city journal

As this is my first city journal I would ask that you be patient with me, I have wonderful ideas in my head, but getting them on screen and onto here might be a bit trickier. Please be honest without being rude offer as much advice as you like, because how else will I learn? I will try and give credit for the lots I use, but I have so many on my hard drive it could get difficult. So without further ado, on with the story....

Well, I have to first say that you have the real courage to actually start a CJ! After starting my first CJ weeks ago I found out that there are lot of things besides buidling your cities when writing and planning for your CJ. I can't wait for the first update to come out. Sincerely wishing you all the best 2.gif Will come back and drop a comment often.

hehehe, I would like to see the amount of money that you are talking about. I'll keep visiting this CJ to watch "What you can do when you have too much money" Good luck.

Phil-

If I can help sort out the links, let me know.  I just did a crash course in image links, and seem to have figured out what needs to happen pretty well.

• Original Poster
  • banner1nj.pngEPISODE 1 -SPLAT! Welcome to Port Autumndale, this is the story of one man and his incredible journey around this unspoilt tranquil land. Our hero, Mr Peter Worthing, lives in a small farming village, Little Penning, it is the only inhabited place in this region. Peter lives and works on his own farm, each day seemingly identical to the last. He is known to the locals to be a bit of a recluse, no-one seems to know much about him until one rather spectacular day. Peter woke up at 5.30 as per usual, had his 2 slices of toast and glass of orange juice, as usual, went out to his field at 7, as usual. The sun was shining brightly, as usual. So he grabbed his pick axe from his shed and went to break up some ground. He lifted the pick axe above his head and with a great deal of force landed it into the ground. What happened then took him by surprise and he stood motionless as thick black liquid sprayed in the air and flooded his field. When the shock had passed he realised what had happened, he had struck........ oil5nv.jpg OIL!!!!!!!! So he went back inside and his mind started whirring, he had a crazy idea, but now he had the assets to make this idea happen. He wanted to create a utopian region where people would want to live, work, shop and where tourists would come from miles around. Never mind being in charge of a farm, he wanted his own mini empire!!!! So he got on the phone and got the appropriate equipment on the way to turn this mess into paradise. To be continued........

Great introduction! I love the giant spider (is it?) in the middle of the farm. Can't wait for the next update to come 9.gif

Anyway, if you are referring to the breakage of lines as the position of text, you can use this tag: <br /> between your sentences. Each one will break the text into a new line while two of them will break them up into paragraph (where you have an additonal empty line in between)... hope this helps 2.gif

P.S.: In case you don't get what I mean...

Using 1 <br /> code will give you the following result:

Port Autumndale

What you can do when you have too much moneyquote>

Using 2 <br /> codes will give you the following result:

Port Autumndale

What you can do when you have too much moneyquote>

Hope this helps (more) 2.gif