Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

son of Jorrell

A little advice from a sim know-how, if you please.

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Hello future helpers.

I own simcity4 Deluxe.

Ive been to the official simcity4 website, in order to download the latest version update, which, as most of you would know, is version (1.1.638.0.)

Up to this stage, everything is all well. The sim website now recognises that i have the latest version, which is cool. 

The problem is, is that i aint sure if i have to search & extract the files that i downloaded....into my sc4deluxe files. Do they automatically go into my sc4deluxe files so i can start playing straight away with the UPDATED version?

Heres the main question to you guys, so please focus your answer, mostly on this one, if you would be so kind.

I have put my browser arrow over some sc4deluxe files, which are on my computer, to see if the  KB size has changed, in accordance to what the simcity4 website tells me, what the size of the files should NOW be. They haven't changed... BUT...when i click on properties, the size of what it should actually be, is there! 

eg    The [Graphics Rules.sgr]  FILE, shows like this, when opened up in properties....

size:     19.6KB (20,171 bytes)

The 20,171 bytes, is what the kb size should be, once the sc4deluxe update has been downloaded. Why does the 19.6kb bit,still show, if it looks like my game has been updated? In accordance to what i have explained, can somebody tell me, if it looks like i have properly installed the update?

one more example for you guys/girls,

simcity_2 file, in properties =       size:  160 MB (168,588,181 bytes)

Am i ready to Rock & Roll,or do i get some deflating news? Would really appreciate somebody helping me.

Oh, i live in europe region, so it's a __SKU2__ download.

Thanks.

What films this out of ?    "i like the globe that flashes red, like our krypon sun, but not this irritating noise.....MAKE WAY"

1024 bytes = 1kb.  That extra 24 bytes is attributing to the discrepency you're seeing.  The best way to see if the file got updated would be to check its date and time stamp.  If its newer than the original one then you should be good to go. 

And to your other question... Superman II Gen. Zod commenting on the sirens on a police car.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Celebane

1024 bytes = 1kb.  That extra 24 bytes is attributing to the discrepency you're seeing.  The best way to see if the file got updated would be to check its date and time stamp.  If its newer than the original one then you should be good to go.  And to your other question... Superman II Gen. Zod commenting on the sirens on a police car.

quote>

Son of Jorrell, Kneeeeel before Zod.

• Original Poster
  • Dont think all is well coz it sez in the [Graphics Rules.sgr] File....

Modified:    03 november 2003, 15:50:52 

The other files, when opened up in  (properties), only mention being modified around Augast - Novem 2003. I only downloaded the sc4 deluxe UPDATE, on 8.march.06. The game was created on 5.march 06 This doesent look right does it?

Are these what you would call, the date & time stamps? If not, please could you explain how to view them. Ive Delayed playing this game coz i want to play the updated version. I'm losing weight!

Once i click on properties & i open the file up, it says....

created: 5 march 2006

Modified: 3 novem 2003

I UPDATED it on 8.3.06 but i can't see this date anywhere on the properties of this file.

One has not been blessed with much computer know-how!! 

Back to the film bit.  Ursa: "Did you see that...did you see what i did...i have powers beyond reason, here."  Zod: "We all have them my dear"

the update from Maxis should take automatically...if youre not sure if it took, go back to the Maxis site, check the update and see what version it says you are using...if it does not recognize the latest patch, the reinstall it

• Original Poster
  • Yes!  Ive already done that my friend. It Does show that i have the latest version.

When i get this game up & running ( not played it yet , coz of  my  compulsive  desire to play the updated version) would there be anything in the game, that i could take a look at, to be definite on the update installing properly, eg...

maybe roads have been designed slightly differently,or new buildings being added right from the start!

Someone tell me how to  view time stamps. Are they the dates that are on files, when you click on their properties - or what?

Youre all great help.

ps  Google earth is amazing!!! Wonder if ppl have considred puting flight sims on it, if thats possible?

• Original Poster
  • Listen! I DO have the game update. Just did a few things to check if all was well & ive found out i have the update.

I'll have to cut this short - the wonderful world simcity awaits me.

Fear not sim city fans. im sure ill be getting stuck on the game very soon, so ill be back asking qstns on plopping & modding.

Happy simming to you all - & thanx for the help.

Clark.

I downloaded, and installed the update manually, and still I had the inconsistencies. I think the web site has incorrect information, and they just don't bother updating it with the right numbers.