Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

villarule

Forum games

19 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • i think this is turning into a spam forum where people post for the sake of it and i feel the fun has gone out of a few games because of people posting too reguarly to keep their post counts up (avatar above me game etc.) Wouldn't it be better if post counts werent included in the forum games section? This would cut down on spam and would increase the quality of the games in there face-icon-small-smile.gif just an idea face-icon-small-wink.gif

Well I have to agree ith ou to a certain extent but I still do enjoy forum games.

Post counts not including that forum is a good idea and has been discussed before with the conclusion that it isen't really possible with idealbb but with FuseTalk I am not sure.

Hmmm... I actually just go to the forum games because the are fun to play. But sadly, I haven't been able to go to my favorite one like "The Avatar above me" because of some strange error that won't allow me to go to the very last page! face-icon-small-mad.gif

Anyways, it is a good idea, but hmm... I can see certain people disagreeing with you (those would be the spammers...) face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Originally posted by: Micah

Hmmm... I actually just go to the forum games because the are fun to play. But sadly, I haven't been able to go to my favorite one like "The Avatar above me" because of some strange error that won't allow me to go to the very last page!

Anyways, it is a good idea, but hmm... I can see certain people disagreeing with you (those would be the spammers...) .quote>

The last page of that one right now is actually page 197. I dunno what's going on with it, but just go back a couple pages and that's where it's left off.

Well, that depends on your definition of caring. I don't care if I am top pster #2 or top poster #2000, what I do care is that my post count be accurate. That is, when I make a post, I want the ticker to click up one. I want to look under someone's avatar and know immediately how many posts they've made.

So, doing such is a bad idea not because it prevents padding one's count by spamming the games, but because it compromises the accuracy of the post count of anyone who has ever made even one post there. I have OCD. Accuracy matters to me.

But even the most well rounded response to the most mundain question here prompts ridicule, distain, and above all sarcasm. So to respond to those remarks that pad to your count, reputation, religious or political belief... why do I give a shoe.

edited by Mr. C.

budweiserdude23, mind your language please. Posting counters is absolutely nothing to do with reputations, nor does it determine a user's reputation.

What determines a users reputation is how friendly and how rule-abiding a member is.

The spam thing out there IS starting to be a problem,
    but I better be quiet my self as I wasnt so innocent myself back in the days.

I dont actioly care what'll hapend to it,
    but in the end its all up to dirk.ducky.gif

Originally posted by: Constantina

Posting counters is absolutely nothing to do with reputations, nor does it determine a user's reputation. What determines a users reputation is how friendly and how rule-abiding a member is.quote>

An excellent point. Having post count is a nice little fun feature and having a high one can get you a few points but at the end of the day most people know post count is far from everything and will mean little when it comes to been rewarded for you efforts. There is a evidence of this in the fact that there are both moderators with high and low post counts.

Originally posted by: sloppet So let's make it clear... Forum Games isn't a spam forum section...quote>
    LMFAO...17.gif This coming from you? 18.gif Yes, forum games is SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, USEFUL POST, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM Simple as that...it really needs to be cleaned up...change the two post rule to a 3 or 4 would help...also removing post counts from forum games would help too...Or just banning/warning the SPAMmers who spam...Or even make post counts not even count in forum games for the forum game spammers...

I agree that some kind of action needs to take place, I see too much of the same posters posting in almost every game possible, it is kind of disturbing...