Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meg

Password Protected Rooms

20 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • There have been a lot of questions about the password protected rooms.   There are currently three of them: one for the podcast crew, one for the help squad, and one for the MOTM committee.

In each case, the team leader has the password.  It is up to the team leader who gets the password.  If the team leader hasn't given you the password, you can either ask him for it or assume that the he doesn't want you to have it.

Exception:  as far as I can tell, no team leader has given a password to anyone.  Let's get busy, guys; there is work to be done.

If you feel that you should have the password (and several of you should), please contact your team leader.

Please note: I have informed all of the team leader that I will change the passwords whenever they would like, in case their forum gets a troll infestation.

Some people have been saying how they can get access to these private forums. Naturally to do that you need to A. become an admin of which of coarse you don't ask for, you get approached or B. join that team. For all of them now you cannot ask to join, you will be approched if you show you can handle the job they want you to do.

All SHS Members should have been contacted with the password. If you haven't recieved it yet, PM Hordijk.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Cheese89

All SHS Members should have been contacted with the password. If you haven't recieved it yet, PM Hordijk.quote>

bunny.gif  bunny.gif  to the SHS for getting the password to the appropriate people!

Originally posted by: SkiGeek

Originally posted by: Cheese89 All SHS Members should have been contacted with the password. If you haven't recieved it yet, PM Hordijk.quote>
        to the SHS for getting the password to the appropriate people!quote>

Yes the SHS gets first prize for this one. Congratulations to Hordijk. ducky.gif

MOTM and ST Cast Members: As of yet nothing has happened with the passwords for these forums. At this time all you can do is PM the team leaders and wait.

I have a question... Will normal users be able to view that forum parts atleast for some days, or those forums will be never available for normal users?

Originally posted by: sloppet

I have a question... Will normal users be able to view that forum parts atleast for some days, or those forums will be never available for normal users?quote>

I don't think so no. 

There were plans to make the SHS forum public in a NDEX and BSC forum style but it was desided that it could confuse users and dirk wants public forums limited. There is a lot of content in the MOTM and Sound Room which needs to stay private so it is unlikley these would ever be made public either.

All MOTM, SHS and ST Cast members should have the passwords for there forums now. If you are in one or more of these teams and don't have the/all the passwords you need PM Hordijk, ThatMonkeySim or/and DragonAnime.

I'm working on getting everybody the pass, I think I have everybody...PM if anybody has been left out.  Also, since I am the official ST Cast leader, I am officially saying that we will approach members to join us, pleeeeeease no requests.  As for right now we are quite full, so i doubt we'll be adding anybody soon.

Yes, basing it off what we see in SHS and MOTM, I think these teams are pretty saturated with members. But on behalf of the SHS, we are looking for people that are eligible to help us in the private forums. This includes being a friendly member overall, and helping our newcomers in the new member information area.

For the passwords, I think all the members who have accessed the private forums before the upgrasion have the passwords and could access those forums now. face-icon-small-smile.gif

Originally posted by: SC4 meister

I am officially saying that we will approach members to join us, pleeeeeease no requests.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: sloppet

I have a question... Will normal users be able to view that forum parts atleast for some days, or those forums will be never available for normal users?quote>

It would just lead to confusion if everyone saw, for instance, a partly written tutorial that hadn't yet included some important information.  or the in-progress thoughts of a podcast plan.  There is just no benefit in going there. 

Better to let the teams do their thing and give the rest of us a finished product.  As you may have noticed, some people have trouble with the concept of "in-progress".

hahha... got that right...

As you may have noticed, some people have trouble with the concept of "in-progress".quote>

Originally posted by: sloppet I have a question... Will normal users be able to view that forum parts atleast for some days, or those forums will be never available for normal users?quote>
    It would just lead to confusion if everyone saw, for instance, a partly written tutorial that hadn't yet included some important information.  or the in-progress thoughts of a podcast plan.  There is just no benefit in going there.  Better to let the teams do their thing and give the rest of us a finished product.  As you may have noticed, some people have trouble with the concept of "in-progress".quote>

I concur with that.  Besides, the surprise is the most fun when it's finished, and peeking at a work in progress would only spoil it.face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Originally posted by: Voar Tok

Originally posted by: sloppet I have a question... Will normal users be able to view that forum parts atleast for some days, or those forums will be never available for normal users?quote>
    It would just lead to confusion if everyone saw, for instance, a partly written tutorial that hadn't yet included some important information.  or the in-progress thoughts of a podcast plan.  There is just no benefit in going there.  Better to let the teams do their thing and give the rest of us a finished product.  As you may have noticed, some people have trouble with the concept of "in-progress".quote>
    I concur with that.  Besides, the surprise is the most fun when it's finished, and peeking at a work in progress would only spoil it.%7Boption%7Dquote>

Oh yes giving all the other members suprise's is one of the best parts of been on a team. face-icon-small-smile.gif

So I don't have to be a member of the "Sound Room" inorder to listen to the Simtropolis Podcast, do I? The "Sound Room" is just for those people who host the show or who are being interviewed on the program... right?

Originally posted by: Micah So I don't have to be a member of the "Sound Room" inorder to listen to the Simtropolis Podcast, do I? The "Sound Room" is just for those people who host the show or who are being interviewed on the program... right?quote>
    Yes, that is correct. face-icon-small-smile.gif

Originally posted by: Micah

So I don't have to be a member of the "Sound Room" inorder to listen to the Simtropolis Podcast, do I? The "Sound Room" is just for those people who host the show or who are being interviewed on the program... right?quote>

Yeah, if us podcasters were the only ones that could listen to it, we wouldn't bother with making them.  The ST Cast is for the enjoyment of the entire community.

All three of those rooms were in existance for Simtropolis 4.0. The only real change that has been made is that everyone can see the rooms are there and are now password protected instead of members been added to a access list in the Admistration control panel.