Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

agregoli

Where to get essential .bat files?

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • While Simtropolis is down?  I downloaded a ton of stuff before this site went down, but apparantly missed some important bat packs...is there anywhere else to get the essentials?  Such as flower packs, etc?  I want all those pretty parks to work!

Thanks!

i'm not too sure, you could try other websites but i doubt it. Until then you're in the same boat I am. Waiting patiently for the site to come up

The Exchange will only be down for a few days, please be patient, dirk is doing his best to get it back up as quickly as possible.

Originally posted by: smac0009 i'm not too sure, you could try other websites but i doubt it. Until then you're in the same boat I am. Waiting patiently for the site to come upquote>
    I had the misfortune of incredibly bad timing when I decided to start a new region that would be host to my CJ, when I had only a handful of bats, the day when Simtropolis went down. I waited the first day or so by finetuning my greyscale heightmapping skills. About two days ago I became too impatient with waiting and decided to start the region with some low importance areas hoping that the STEX would return quickly. And so I wait...

• Original Poster
  • I am being patient.  Just asking a question.

I am new to this whole idea of modded files, even though I've had SimCity for a long time - so I downloaded like mad not knowing the site was going to go down.  It's unfortunate.  I was hoping the essentials would have been hosted somewhere else as well so I could grab them (had a hard time finding every essential I needed on this old site as well - it felt like they were hidden - I must be dense). 

I guess I will keep checking back here.  Thank you.

A word of caution on downloaded stuff. Make a sandbox region and test each one. Do not shotgun them all into your plugins as it is possible for conflicts to arise.

Have fun.

This is funny. I'm in the same boat. I stoppoed playing a long time ago, I just got burn out. During my off time I bought a new PC so I lost all the cool mods and lots that I had DL'ed before. Then last week I get this bad urge to play so I install the game and try to log on and the sitre is down.
    I am being patient because I know that Dirk and the rest of the admins are workin really hard to get everything back online but I am itching to get my hands on the STEX. I'm not good at all at making maps so I cant even paly around with that..lol..timimg it's everything.

Originally posted by: N_O_Body

A word of caution on downloaded stuff. Make a sandbox region and test each one. Do not shotgun them all into your plugins as it is possible for conflicts to arise.

Have fun.quote>

Sound advice. I've even shot myself in the foot a few times by clumping all the bats/lots I have made together, only to find that buildings disappear, or randomly appear where they are not wanted! Makes things interesting. However, that's been cured by making sure that once I have tested everything I build a single .dat file with the relevant files. That way I only have one file per building/lot in my plugins, it's easy to find, and the conflicts don't happen anymore 9.gif I would highly recommend that people with a lot of bats/lots do the same, and at the same time keep all the various zip files nice and safely in case you ever have to do a reinstal and don't want to lose everything. Everything I do goes onto a DVD-RW just as soon as I know it's working ... now I just have to remember WHICH disc 46.gif